Lessons to live by ...or NOT!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bixby ,Oklahoma//When you can taste the air you're
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lesson #1 when using aircraft paint stripper DO NOT wear shorts and a sleeveless shirt and try to spray it when its windy. The burns really really hurt bad. This learning by experience thing is startin to get kinda costly.

Ouch. I use regular paint thinner and it burns i bet thats terrible.

I wear golves, do it outside, and keep a hose within arms reach. I got lax a few times when it was really hot, and was shirtless. It makes you think about what you just did.

I scored some old disposable plastic aprons that I wear. I look like an idiot but thats better than chemical burns!!

Always remember a shop teacher in high school after a fairly recent loss of digits, hold up his hand with the remaining thumb, ring finger and pinky and starting the safety speech with " Three things you don't do with a table saw ...."

did the same thing with some citrus degreaser cleaning the engine in the ranchero when it was windy the other day. two things i learned 1. that yea it burns esspecially in the eyes, and 2. it may smell like citrus but it sure don't TASTE like it.

Back