lets see those homemade tanks

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100_0086.jpg

100_0089.jpg

100_0183.jpg

100_0580.jpg

Here are a couple of my fake - fake tanks! Particle board with filler,primer and paint. The last one is in progress. I still need to do more shaping. I may try to vacuum form over them or use them as patterns for a metal version. I have no tools for bending or cutting sheet metal (yet!).
Picture130.jpg

Picture177.jpg

Picture178.jpg

bikes047-2.jpg

Made them out of 1/8" aluminum plate, a rubber mallet, and a 2x4. Might put a door in the rear tank someday. Once I get back to work I'll finish this frame :roll:

rick74304

I love the engine turning on the rims, awesome idea. Actually I like the attitude of the whole bike.

62H

Hey Scott (62H) Thanks, overall i'm o.k with how my 1st try at a boardtracker turned out,but i`ve recently come across a couple of sets of forks similar to what you`re using on Mrs. Goodwrench, so one of this winters projects will be a fork transplant. Any progress on the Dale tribute? Looking at the fork pic,you might be able to get it an inch or so lower by drilling new axle holes above the factory slots?
Hope that helps,
Rick

Latest posts

Back