LICENSE PLATES

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a big ol stack of old licence plates from my neighbor who is retired now and moving to Florida. They go back to the early 60's. Does anyone know a good place to find the value, or at least someone who may want to buy some of them? I collect plates, but I do not need all of them. The stack even includes 3 1976 plates.

I collect license plates,too. That was an item that I have collected for years, and turn them into sculptures. But then about 5 years ago I got bit by BA (bicycle addiction) so Ive not brought home as many licence plates as I used to bring home, and am not building as many sculptures as I was then, now its bikes I like to build. Nice thing about collecting license plates is they dont take up as much space as bicycles, cant imagine owning 5000 bikes.
As far as pricing and selling license plates, EBAY completed auctions, gives you an idea what they are worth to the world. I used to buy alot of plates off of Ebay. Of course you could always put them for sale on Ratrodbike, Im sure there are collectors here, too. You can sell them at swap meets and flea markets, go where the car guys are at. Question is how much do you want to spend to sell them? And remember the age, condition, and state/county/country of the plates will greatly determine the value. Good Luck.

Latest posts

Back