++ LiL Tigers ++

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A.S.BOLTNUT

He who dies with the most toys ,still dies No Fear
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
I have a project LIL 12" Schwinn Tiger i'm gonna restore for my new grand Daughter and i'd like to see some others !

Thanxx.....Ralph

559168_4529408477536_13994070_n.jpg

418846_4529409877571_2076410876_n.jpg

IMG_2692.jpg

IMG_2693.jpg

Fixing a nasty run on the fork and recovering the seat right now

Thanx "CCR" I edited my post did not realize i posted 16'' :lol: ,, Looks like your Way ahead of me on your Restoration !

Thanxx for Sharing !....Ralph

A.S.BOLTNUT said:
... Looks like your Way ahead of me on your Restoration !

Thanxx for Sharing !....Ralph

Started back during the RRBBO7 ... still trucking on it but trying to make my boy help as much as possible :wink: He has already told me his next bike is going to be green and we haven't even finished this one :lol:

I just posted mine in the gallery section, but here it is…Just finished assembling it last night. I had one of my friends powder coat it metallic green. I found the decals on ebay. There are two basic chainguard decals. One has the little cartoon tiger and the other says “Stingray” on it. Mine is a ’71 and had the tiger, so I stuck with that.

They are fun little bikes to build, but the parts aren’t cheap. I still need to find some training wheels. I have a set of Schwinn 16” Pixie training wheels that I might be able to convert.

greentiger.jpg

Swaeet ! Where are you guys finding those tires ?

CCR said:
Started back during the RRBBO7 ... still trucking on it but trying to make my boy help as much as possible :wink: He has already told me his next bike is going to be green and we haven't even finished this one :lol:
good thing youve got all those sting rays! glad to hes out helping you(and thinking about the next one already!). its looking good so far:mrgreen:

cranks....i didnt just took the pedals off. he learned to balance that day and was riding with no training wheels the next day(put the pedals back on)....training wheels reinforce bad habits and dont teach balance at all.

Yeah, I have a 12" balance strider bike for the grandkids to learn on. I am looking for the training wheels to complete the build. My grandkids live 12 hours away, so it won't be getting a ton of action, so a nice way to display it in the garage would be cool. I did find/modify a tiny kickstand already

Here is the Lil Ghost that my dad and I did a few years back. I had been trying to find a picture of it with no luck but happened upon it today with a random google search. Looks like the last place I can put it is in Los Angeles around 2007. I will continue to search the floppy disks (holy cow!) for some more pictures. If anybody knows where this bike is I would like to know where it ended up!

liltiger.jpg

I actually just scored another one today at a swap meet and will post pix tomorrow. This one is red so it will get restored with an Apple Krate seat cover.

Enjoy, Jon

Pix as promised, have not torn into it yet. Have to locate the top bar. It will be restored to mostly original. Will get an Apple Krate seat cover just like the Ghost I did. I was not sure if the training wheels are original since I see a lot of them with metal wheels not plastic like these, but then I found pix of an nos out of the box complete tiger that had the plastic wheels.

IMG_1708.jpg

IMG_1710.jpg

IMG_1712.jpg

IMG_1714.jpg

IMG_1717.jpg

I love these lil bikes!

Enjoy, Jon

Latest posts

Back