Little tips & tricks I've found.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
posting pics from a mobil device if you've got a smart phone or a tablet, etc, download the photobucket app. You can take pictures, and upload them strait off of your albums and then get an img link rite off of the picture. They upload in a flash, and the quality of the images is a bit better than other methods.

redneck wheel truing
A while ago, I got a bmx wheel from my LBS for free. A bunch of spokes had popped their respective nipples after the previous owner had flubbed up doing a 180. So, I just grabbed a handfull of new nipples from the bucket, and walked back to my dad's work a block down. He works at a motorcycle shop, and for some reason the owner mark has a 8 pound brick of solid lead in the back. I was able to use a hammer and the lead block to straigten and reuse all but one of the original spokes. After that, I clamped the axle nut in the vice and grabbed a dlat head screw driver, and trued the wheel pretty well by using a zip-tie over the handle Of the vise. And then, I used the dial indicator that the shop uses for truing motorcycle wheels.

the magic of scotch brite there are thousands of uses for these little things, not quite as coarse as steel wool, and softer. They work good to apply polish, sanding on base coats of paint, and with a bit of water they peel rust off chrome like a miracle. I used that method on my 82 schwinn predator, and it shines like a diamond now.

the billions of uses for random blocks of wood!. If your improving your house/ shop in any way, don't toss out the cut off ends of that 2x6 or wall stud! They make great hammers when you don't want to gouge something up, and if they're the right length, also double as a kick stand.

That's all I've got for now, this probably should be in the "how to" section, but it also fits in here I think..

Ccd

thanx for the tips --- I have a hard time throwing away wood drop off too! :roll:

Good tips.

Here is one related to selling bikes on craigslist or ebay. The thumbnails photos for both sites suck. Use the HTML Links from Photobucket to put hires photo links into your ads.
I still put one thumbnail photo up, just to get in the search gallery, but I always put a gang of photo links in my CL and EB ads.

Latest posts

Back