living room heater

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man , hate to heat my whole house(Gas) two strory , but heat rises so after dinner the heater comes on ready for sleep time, but sure would be nice to heat my living room area.... cn any one recommend a space heater for about 600 sq ft my fire place is the old it s nice to look at, gas logs... any recomendations

I am a heating contractor, 30+ years. I have been really impressed with those new console heaters like the Amish make, I am sorry I don't know the name but have seen a few being used and cannot believe the heat they generate. 1 was heating a 40x40 bakery. they are Electric, not vented, and roll on wheels. If you need I can stop and get the name from the bakery. I Service and Install Oil and Gas heating systems, this unit is nothing I deal with, but it did make an impression on me. (I won't admit it to my customers though)

KZ1000 said:
I am a heating contractor, 30+ years. I have been really impressed with those new console heaters like the Amish make, I am sorry I don't know the name but have seen a few being used and cannot believe the heat they generate. 1 was heating a 40x40 bakery. they are Electric, not vented, and roll on wheels. If you need I can stop and get the name from the bakery. I Service and Install Oil and Gas heating systems, this unit is nothing I deal with, but it did make an impression on me. (I won't admit it to my customers though)
Is that the one that Paul Harvey endorsed? :lol: Last winter, couldn't afford to turn on the gas, so went back to what I used in my old house-space heaters. I found the 'milkhouse/utility' style worked the best, since the smaller ones tend to get clogged up with dust. Here in NC, it was doable, but not very toasty. I'm sure it wouldn't fly in snow country! I'm very thankful we were able to hook back up for THIS winter! Had one snag though. Apparently, when we were turned back on, it didn't register into their system. So, one chilly december night, starts getting cool in the house. After checking the breakers, I thought maybe we were accidentally turned off, so I went outside to check. Much to my shock, the whole METER was gone!!! :shock: I called them up, and they said I must have turned it on illegally, because there was no record. Had a discussion with the supervisor after that! :lol: Once she discovered their mistake, she sent someone out right away, so it never got really cold. Recently, they tried to BILL me for replacing the meter!! :x ...More discussions.... -Adam

Rustinkerer said:
KZ1000 said:
Is that the one that Paul Harvey endorsed? :lol: Last winter, couldn't afford to turn on the gas, so went back to what I used in my old house-space heaters. I found the 'milkhouse/utility' style worked the best, since the smaller ones tend to get clogged up with dust. Here in NC, it was doable, but not very toasty. I'm sure it wouldn't fly in snow country! I'm very thankful we were able to hook back up for THIS winter! Had one snag though. Apparently, when we were turned back on, it didn't register into their system. So, one chilly december night, starts getting cool in the house. After checking the breakers, I thought maybe we were accidentally turned off, so I went outside to check. Much to my shock, the whole METER was gone!!! :shock: I called them up, and they said I must have turned it on illegally, because there was no record. Had a discussion with the supervisor after that! :lol: Once she discovered their mistake, she sent someone out right away, so it never got really cold. Recently, they tried to BILL me for replacing the meter!! :x ...More discussions.... -Adam

They should have at least sent you a letter to see what the situation was before just taking the meter. that's crazy.

[quote="outskirtscustoms]They should have at least sent you a letter to see what the situation was before just taking the meter. that's crazy.[/quote]
I know. I guess it looked like an illegal hookup to them, so they snatched it. I did get them to drop the additional charges though, and I guess they can't bill me for the 2 1/2 months it was on before! :lol: -Adam

Latest posts

Back