Long Beach Youngin Checkin in!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi ho hello there!

my name is kevin, im from long beach, i finally picked up this schwinn i've been eyeballing & stalking down on craigslist for a week, but before that, i was at a hotrodcarshow.com event in long beach about a month ago, i saw a guy who had a stretched cruiser with a 80cc engine on it, and the bike looked awsome.. rat rod style, and that sold me from the first look.

here's one of the guy's bikes, or one that he sells..

IMG_0281.jpg

and another one..
IMG_0277.jpg

after seeing these, i immediately went on a search to get back into schwinns. i had a older 1960's or something 20" schwinn stingray i believe it was when i was about 14.. i was totally into the lowrider thing back then.. twisted crank, pedals, and the bracing for the front forks.. custom bannana seat that i wrapped using felt/the material from a pool table.. well, i guess from when i was younger, i was already starting custom stuff.. now, im 22, my family now runs an autobody collision/paint auto shop.. and i've got several car projects..

only one people may be interested here would be my '65 volvo 122s wagon, 4 inch chop & a project to still work on..

but now i got back into bicycles, i recently got a 20" bmx bike to get back into shape (didnt work.. hahahaha) and i got this 26" cruiser i found on craigslist..

after some cleaning, & moving things around.. this is how it sat.. it's more lowrider than anything right now, but im loving it..

SV105305.jpg

from that point yesterday, i've cleaned the wheels up even more, steel wool to the chrome, gettin all dirty, cleaned up the rear fender, cleaned up the bracing brackets from the front fender, installed everything of the rear on.. and today i will probably mount the headlight, and maybe front fender with 1 brace..

so, i hope to see some cool things on the boards, & learn a couple things, get some ideas, & have a ....... bike to cruise around long beach in sooner or later..

thanks for the time! now who's up for a beer?

here's progress on my schwinn beach cruiser so far.. did ALOT of cleaning up, repairing the fenders a lil bit, fixing the bracket for the fender alotta bit, and moving/adjusting some things around, handlebars, wheels, headlight..

SV105340.jpg

SV105332.jpg

Bike looks awesome! Please post the Volvo wagon man. My dad had a '68 orange Volvo wagen when I was a kid. Cool!

Oh come on?! More pics, more pics. That looks sick! Very cool car indeed. Nice choice.

hahah i've got tons of pics. but i'll just hold off until the chop is done. i've lagged BIGGGG time on it.. so i wanted to get this schwinn, to get me motivated again, and get the train rollin..

haha i was just driving through the backroads, and a friend saw some stairs, and wanted me to pull over so he could take some pictures..

our auto body shop is actually down near PCH & Obispo ave.

Back