Long Hauler with video!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Finally got a chance to snap a few pics of my build.

Here is what I started with, a plain old Wally-world 20" BMX frame and fork.
1zy7hj7.jpg

Removed the rear triangle and inserted a piece of tubing I had to give me an idea of the length.
11s13te.jpg

I am planning removable bins to mount on the stretched section.

Re: Long Hauler

too high off the ground, get it lower.lol. that looks fun.

Outlaw

Here is some of today's progress. I used 2" square tube for some added strength on the top tube extension ( and because I had some left over from a previous project). Also started laying out the dual rear wheels. Trying to make it convertible from single to dual. We'll see how it goes.
2mr719y.jpg

Decided to use my down time at work tonight to come up with an artist rendition of my dual set up. Has any one ever seen or built something like this? Needing a little help getting pointed in the right direction.I plan on having both rear tires driven.
besit3.jpg

make the rear-most wheel fixed gear, and use a flip-flop hub for fixed gears on the front back wheel. the two back wheels would be linked together with the fixed gears but still coast

Just add a 3rd smaller rear wheel in the middle and push them tight together :lol: This ought to be really cool if you get it worked out. The only thing I would know to do is put a multi sprocket cog (whatever it's called) on the front of the rear wheels.
So what are you going to haul with all that space in the back? People, bikes?

aka_locojoe said:
The only thing I would know to do is put a multi sprocket cog (whatever it's called) on the front of the rear wheels.
So what are you going to haul with all that space in the back? People, bikes?
I have taken a coaster hub and doubled the sprocket, the inner one is dished in, the outer dished out. Just need to weld them in place. As for cargo, I am thinking removable bins to carry groceries, bike parts, puppies or what not. I like the bike rack idea as well.

Ratfink1962 said:
If you stayed with the single rear wheel it would make an awesome skid bike, but the dual rear wheels is just too dang cool !! :mrgreen:
You have found my secret motivation! That is the reason I want the second wheel removable. :lol:

Bike rack...lol

Gives me another idea... Make the long section removable, and make up several extensions, say one could be a bike rack, the other with bins, and maybe one with side facing seats so you could haul people, maybe start up your own Udall tour company???

Ratfink1962 said:
Bike rack...lol

Gives me another idea... Make the long section removable, and make up several extensions, say one could be a bike rack, the other with bins, and maybe one with side facing seats so you could haul people, maybe start up your own Udall tour company???
That would be a short tour.

Latest posts

Back