Look what I found in the woods

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me and the missus were goofin off after a BBQ down in Big Basin. We were looking for our 'make out' spot and happened across this bug shell sitting out in the forest.
IMG_1004.jpg

definetly a cool find but who"s that behind it looks like the beatnik bandit ? 8)

Beatnik Bandit? I think I may have to change my handle on this forum!!! That would be me!!

oh yah if the name fits it sertally fits you ,so wud you do with the hobbit transport if it wuz me i"d probally still be draggin that thing through the woods ,after the make out session of course.. :D

factory long sun roof i would have chopped the top off and taken it

2manybikes said:
karfer67 said:
factory long sun roof i would have chopped the top off and taken it
I was thinkin the same thing, those ragtop roof clips are worth a little money. All you need is a battery powered sawzall :mrgreen:

That's exactly the same thing I thought when I saw the picture. Knowing me, I'd already make plans to come back with a battery operated Sawzall, an extra battery and a few blades.

Get 3 more friends and just carry the bug out of thier...? :wink:

^^^^better hope its not too far from where ever you park!

Easy E

just noticed your signature, too funny

Looks like I'll be back to this spot soon with my friend's Honda generator and a sawzall for real!!!

you may want to snag the whole body...hard to tell if the pan is still there...but, if it is just a shell, couple of guys and a two by four and you'll have the whole thing out.

I love finding stuff like that, I spent most of my non working or schooling time last summer wandering the woods on bikes. Found a ton of old stuff, I tend to mostly keep it a secret since I don't like seeing cool spots blown out, but here's some photos:

asdfasdfasd.jpg

P1020061.jpg

Speaking of bugs, my favorite old car dumping ground in Tacoma WA has an old bug with a really small rear window on it. I know that's one of the earlier ones, but it (like everything else down there) is completely rusted since they're in a swamp. There's probably about 15 total cars down there, jeepsters, few datsuns, packards, couple bugs, and a bunch of stuff cars that are so completely thrashed they're beyond recognition. It's easily my favorite place to hang out by myself. I took the seats out of the Jeepster and plan on using them for a '59 Glaspar I'm restoring.

the reason you find so many vw hulks....

.....in so many places is 'cause they could GO so many places :D

vwkennebec.jpg

always nice running across things like that :mrgreen:
hotfoot said:
and i bet the gauges are still in that one(along with the steering wheel).....
i got a stromberg 97 out of a shoe box that was dumped off a cliff and left for decades(yes i did ask the people who owned the land if i could scavenge parts before hand to avoid police or getting shot) to rot...

Nice! I'd love to find an old Stromberg out in the woods. I've picked through all those cars and they've been stripped decades ago. My main theory on how they got there is that they were stolen, stripped, and dumped. They're all missing engines and trannies, I think one still had the block but that was it.

Kafer was rite .... Sawsall .... Take Roof home They weigh NOTHING

let me know & I will sahare the rest on RE attatchment .

Stephen / Wingman

Latest posts

Back