looking for old NFL Bicycle manufacture

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to this site, I was looking for a bike I had somewhere in the early 80's. My brother got a Dallas Cowboys bike and I got a Pittsburgh Steelers bike as Christmas gifts. I would like to know if anyone would know who manufactured them and where they might have come from? Somebody posted a picture of a #17 Browns bike here and someone else showed a picture of a Redskins bike. Please any assitance is greatly appreciated.Thank you Steve

As sick as it makes me to post anything Cleveland Browns oriented ( Steeler fan that's still licking his wounds). :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Here's a pic I found on a eBay auction for a seat from one. Looks like it might be Murray-built?

benchor6.jpg

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Thanks for the Brown's bike posting! It's listed as a Free Spirit, so it was sold at Sears. It's Murray made, like the King Kat frame.

No good deed should go unrewarded. Here's the Steelers version:

160dbtz.jpg

+2 on Murray made for Sears.

8f8b04c.jpg

I have a Blank Headplate and side plate set for one of these.

The Murray King Kat was a Very Kool beast. The Frame was slightly diffrent.

IM000003-1-1.jpg

The Murray early Dirt versions were Made of the same frame as the Sears. Many had a Rat Trap front fork.
The MX frame was Diffrent.

IM000005-1-1.jpg

Love the Frame for the Kustom applications it has.

DSCF4076.jpg

DSCF5142.jpg

As sick as it makes me to post anything Cleveland Browns oriented ( Steeler fan that's still licking his wounds). :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Here's a pic I found on a eBay auction for a seat from one. Looks like it might be Murray-built?

benchor6.jpg

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Dr. T
I think so (I guess to compete with the Huffy Thunder Road series). The only reason why I’d love to have this is because I’ve a relative that’s currently on their roster (sentimental?), but i scored a seat from what I could guess would be the NY Giants. I really like the underseat hooks on those seats. Totally wish I could run across more.

Latest posts

Back