Looking toward the future

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well guys as many of you may have noticed I haven't been on here much lately so I thought I'd stop in and give a little update on what's going on with me. I got back in school through the Excel Center (funded through Goodwill) and I am working on my diploma, some transferable college credits, and some certifications to help strengthen my resume. I just got my forklift operator certification on Friday which was a blast considering I haven't been on one in 8 years and have never been on a standing model. I should be starting a welding class soon so that should be fun (SPOILER ALERT! I already have a RRB project I'm planning to weld together in that class). Involving this:

And the rear section from one of these:

I will also be doing a manufacturing safety certification and when and if they get the class up and running I'll be getting my CDL license as well. It has been challenging but it feels good to know I am becoming the well-trained all-purpose employee that companies can't live without.

I got training on a stand up forklift and the regular sit down model. Really weird driving with a joystick but fun. And yes the teacher knows who he looks like...lol.

Didn't get the other forklift in the picture but it was a CAT electric forklift similar to this
used-caterpillar-electric-forklift.JPG

Self improvement is alway good. To make myself more employable, I recently got med-gas certified, took an OSHA 10 safety class, got my rigging certification, and got my TWIC card to work in ports and other classified or "sensitive" areas. Still, this year was my worst year for work in 15 years, so I'm thinking of trying to add some pipe welding certs to the list in the near future.

Self improvement is alway good. To make myself more employable, I recently got med-gas certified, took an OSHA 10 safety class, got my rigging certification, and got my TWIC card to work in ports and other classified or "sensitive" areas. Still, this year was my worst year for work in 15 years, so I'm thinking of trying to add some pipe welding certs to the list in the near future.

I hear that, it's a tough job market out there.

Latest posts

Back