low profile 3 speed chopper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cool frame, i bought 2 of them like this. the distance between the head tube and rear drop outs is the same as a 26" frame but the height of the top of the seat tube is about the same as a bmx frame. you could call it a low profile 26" frame, or a stretched 20" frame, either would work i suppose. the factory paint job is black metal flake and it looks alot better than these pics show.
low3speedchopper13.jpg

i had a set of headset bearing cups but they were kinda beat up so i sanded them to bare metal, masked off the flange that will go inside the head tube, and clear coated them.
the black one is the 'before' cup, the bare metal one is sanded.
low3speedchopper23.jpg

low3speedchopper33.jpg

i hoping to have this bike and the skateboard bike done and ready for sale by october, we'll see if i actually accomplish it!
fast eddie outty

lol well never mind then!!! i was gonna offer to possibly buy the other off ya but you already got plans for it. thanks anyways.

Easy E

i have a 26" 3 speed sturmey archer for this one, the wheel needs cleaned and ill prolly have the hub rebuilt. i have a couble crown chopper fork/fender/20"wheel for the front and drag bars. i have the crank assembly but i dont have a seat yet. should look pretty sweet. this one will end up for sale.
fast eddie outty

crap!! this frame will not accept a 26" wheel, luckily i have a 3 speed 24" that fits perfectly. i will hopefully have the double crown fork and 20" wheel mounted by the end of the week. im gonna try stickin a fender on the front and see if i like it. i never used a chopper fork before so who knows. the head set and bottom bracket bearing cups are installed. i found a seat post that'll work the big springer seat and complete pedal/crank assembley are all cleaned up and ready mount, just gotta find some time! i also have a wicked cool idea for handle bars, just gotta see if i can apply some rat rod engineering to make it work! can i build it?? yes i can!!!
fast eddie outty

nothin custom here, just assembly, but it looks cool! the entire pedal/crank assembly came off a bike that was given to me - cleaned up nice! the seat and seatpost was salvaged, the front tire/wheel was salvaged. the back wheel is a 24" 3 speed freewheel so i have a u-brake adaptor that will go on the back wheel and ill prolly get a v-brake adaptor for the front. so far i have more money into it than i would usually put into a single bike, but this will prolly be my own ride for a while! im gonna put some mid size monkee bars on it after i cut the fork tubes. im thinking i should drop the frame so that the chain stays are parallel to the ground but im not sure how short that would make the rake on the front end. not sure how im gonna dress it yet, but im pretty sure im gonna put on the light/generator assembly ive been holding onto. any suggestions anyone?
low3speedchopper43.jpg

Back