Lowballers

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Share your most outrageous offers that you've been offered!

So today I had a bike posted on Craigslist for $160. I get an email saying, "I am interested for buying the Bike if you still have it for $60 ". I assume that it was a typo since it is more of a statement and not like, "Will you take $60?" as I have the bike posted for $160 and that would make sense that he would forget the "1". I give the dude my phone number and he calls me and he then says, "60 bucks", I'm thinking whoa, really? Haha. :lol: I never thought this would happen since I'm a pretty reserved guy but it was so hard to keep myself from bursting out in laughter. Saving $100 bucks from $160... that would be a good score but in reality he actually thought he could get away with it. Boggles my mind! :roll: lol, that was a great phone call.

What's your story?

I've had a few cool deals from C-list but always came out good on them. Here's a few of my "greatest hits"

Deal 1: I traded this 3 wheel recumbent bike
saw027.jpg

EVEN UP for this '62 Corvair Greenbriar van AND HE DELIVERED!
P4170001.jpg

Deal 2: Traded a Suzuki 125 quad for this 1970 Jeep Jeepster Commando Pickup AND HE DELIVERED!
Photo001.jpg

Deal 3: Traded my 1979 Indian Moped with 600 original miles for both of these '86 jettas, a 2 door and a 4 door AND HE DELIVERED but I had to ride with him to get the second one out, he's got a collection of VW's that I am envious of....Cool guy.

003.jpg

33661680010_medium.jpg

33661680007_medium.jpg

And the best, I traded a trash find toolbox and a Cushman minute miser that didn't run for this '01 Buell Blast 500cc! But I had to push it 15 blocks to get it home.
P5010003.jpg

Here's mine :)

I had a Kabuki Bermbuster that I posted on CL for a trade. I gave the guy my number so he called me. He says I have etc. etc. bikes, if you don't like any of those, what do you think its worth. I say around $100. He says, sounds fair, come down and check my bikes out there first.I go down with the bike and he shows me now my Columbia Firebolt. I liked it but not that much. I asked him to make an offer on my Kabuki. He says $50 :shock: :shock: I ended up trading it for the Columbia, I know I got the better part of the trade, but still to tell me on the phone about $100 and offer me $50 :roll: He must have thought I was gullable or something cause I'm 13 :| His plan failed :lol:

I usually get annoyed when Kids call me.

Its not usually for bikes though.

I had a ton of airsoft guns for sale, the whole lot for $10. I had some kid call me, DIdnt say Hello or anything...the whole conversation Kind of went like this:

Me: Hello?
Kid: How much for the black one?
Sorry what?
The black one
The black what?!
The Black airsoft gun
Im asking $10 for the whole lot...I dont want to separate
How much for the black one?
$10, And you get two extra guns...
But how much for the black one
I'm not separating
Ok...FINE

He hangs up...Calls back,

Me: Hello?
Kid-So, You wont separate, but Ill give you $2 for the black one
Me: Alright Fine...You have to pick it up
Will you ship it?
No
Come on man!
No, Sorry
FINE

Hung up...

What I hate is when you're trying to sell a car and everyone starts with "what's the least you'll take for it?" on the phone! There was a 68 Chevy truck on cl, kept dropping the price, got down to $1200 and someone bought it. Then it showed up a few days later with a new location for $2200! Good luck dude! -Adam

Yeah that bugs the crap out of me, I post a price and the first question... what the lowest you will go?

Usually I reply with "My price is posted, please make an offer" but here lately I dont even bother replying... it just gets old. :roll:

Im in the process of selling off a bunch of sandrail parts, brand new stuff that I never used. The project never got finished... I dropped my prices from 80% of retail to 75% then 70%...65% and on and on, and they still want to lowball, EVERYBODY wants something for nothing. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Latest posts

Back