Lowco Liner (aka Sunday Best)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That tank is gorgeous!
Did Kingfish have a fitting room for all them parts? šŸ˜‰ Seems great that you can go and fit stuff together. Is that a front wheel on the rear? The blue colour looks good too.
I remember a time when you could go to the bike shop and fit tires/fenders and wheels.

I like where your build is heading dr.
Yes, that is a front wheel, he was nice enough to have taken the tire off, so we opened the hatch on the 95 Volvo wagon, popped on my tire, aired it up and mocked up right in the street! šŸ¤£
Iā€™ve actually borrowed the whole wheelset so I can measure spokes šŸ˜ and potentially do a rolling mock-up while I remove my fingerprints polishing my rims.
We then went to his garden patio and brainstormed stuff for his build and just ā€˜BSā€™edā€™ for a while, just a great afternoon.
Let me just say, Iā€™m really lucky/fortunate to have @kingfish254 as a friend. You wonā€™t find a better dude than that guy.

Yes, that is a front wheel, he was nice enough to have taken the tire off, so we opened the hatch on the 95 Volvo wagon, popped on my tire, aired it up and mocked up right in the street! šŸ¤£
Iā€™ve actually borrowed the whole wheelset so I can measure spokes šŸ˜ and potentially do a rolling mock-up while I remove my fingerprints polishing my rims.
We then went to his garden patio and brainstormed stuff for his build and just ā€˜BSā€™edā€™ for a while, just a great afternoon.
Let me just say, Iā€™m really lucky/fortunate to have @kingfish254 as a friend. You wonā€™t find a better dude than that guy.
That sounds great, I do not know mr Kingfish in person, but I believe you. This whole forum community is really nice.
And a 95 Volvo wagon? Those are cool, lots of space! An old lady in my street has a red one, been eyeballing that for years (the car).

I've never seen a roadmaster tank without the paint. They're so cool, one of my favorites. That looks really good. Nice score.

Now that I have the tank (and a chainguard coming), decided to play off the ā€˜Luxury Linerā€™ original name and call it Lowcountry Liner.
Thanks @kingfish254 for the suggestion (and the chainguard)!

That tank is gorgeous!
Did Kingfish have a fitting room for all them parts? šŸ˜‰ Seems great that you can go and fit stuff together. Is that a front wheel on the rear? The blue colour looks good too.
I remember a time when you could go to the bike shop and fit tires/fenders and wheels.

I like where your build is heading dr.

Streetside rat haberdashery. A ratterdashery so to speak. :D
Thanks for all of the parts discussions in Queenfish's courtyard too. It was great pulling my build out there and bouncing ideas off of you with this part and that part. The feeling is mutual brother, glad you moved down my way bike bud!

Now that I have the tank (and a chainguard coming), decided to play off the ā€˜Luxury Linerā€™ original name and call it Lowcountry Liner.
Thanks @kingfish254 for the suggestion (and the chainguard)!

We were rolling through different names and once I found the chainguard and saw one with the Luxury Liner script on it, Lowcountry Liner just seemed natural. @Wildcat will recognize the guard when you get it. It came from one of the bikes I bought from him ages ago when he moved from JAX to P.I.

New name fits the bike and locale. At 49' above sea level, that's pretty 'low'.

Lowcountry and Coastal Empire are a couple of the nicknames for this area
DrT is only 10 feet above sea level and I'm only 39 feet above. @Captain Awesome is only about 20 feet above. @Skydreamer is only 13 feet above.

1656778332757.png

Last edited:
Streetside rat haberdashery. A ratterdashery so to speak. :D
Thanks for all of the parts discussions in Queenfish's courtyard too. It was great pulling my build out there and bouncing ideas off of you with this part and that part. The feeling is mutual brother, glad you moved down my way bike bud!
šŸ‘ŠšŸ¼

Latest posts

Back