Lowco Liner

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
96A9AB17-26E8-4473-9DB0-61643537AC4D.jpeg

I present the ‘Lowco Liner’.
I built this one for slow Sunday cruises around downtown Savannah or near my local marina. The frame is a 1959 AMF Roadmaster, with a totally rebuilt 1940s era CWC Shockmaster fork and a 1950’s CWC tank and chainguard, with custom graphics. To ‘modernize’ it a bit, I installed a sealed cartridge bearing headset and crankset for butter smooth steering and pedaling. It’s running a solid 36t chainring with an 18t rear cog for easy starts from stop signs and just easy all around cruising. The wheels are 57mm wide polished aluminum (by yours truly) rims running new Electra Retrorunner whitewalls.
The headlight was customized to run 6 LEDs, the rear is a vintage port/starboard flashlight style that pays homage to the fishing and boating heritage of the lowcountry. Since we’re pretty easy going down here, I had to install a ChopShop Customz laidback seatpost with an Electra XL saddle for a comfy ride and some ‘barefoot’ pedals. Final details are a set of leather ring lock-on style grips, a Harley Davidson style horn button with the wiring running through the vintage motorcycle handlebar mated to a 4-bolt BMX style stem. The tank horn button was converted to an LED lit headlight switch and the ‘shiny’ is finished off with a set full length set of chrome ducktail fenders.
I’d like to thank my good friend and riding buddy @kingfish254 for making this bike possible. First with the deal on the fork that made me enter the Build-Off, then letting me borrow a loaner wheelset to perform mock-ups and pull spoke measurements from while I built mine up. Always, a big shoutout to @OddJob for his offline advice too, and everyone else on RRB for the all the positive encouragement as this collection of parts became one the best bikes I’ve ever built.
Here’s a link to the build thread
https://ratrodbikes.com/forum/threads/lowco-liner-aka-sunday-best.115800/I hope you like it.
F318DECB-DBCE-40DC-9EF6-C533B947CEBE.jpeg

AD6C796B-630A-4DBA-9B8A-ED1EF1598D23.jpeg

20677BE8-2437-4B92-A552-7757FA597AA0.jpeg

9394C78E-1EE6-4542-9969-51D6629A347C.jpeg

005915FF-899D-4320-B93B-5187C79D5A53.jpeg

2AA363C3-A630-44B5-BE9D-9427D9240CE3.jpeg

Last edited:
Man, you really nailed that 'I might look fancy, but don't mess with me' attitude!

All your custom touches; electrical work, chrome paint lettering and design, bringing those rims from 'low to glow', staying true to your initial classy goal of a cushy riding cruiser.

Awesome result! Your hard work paid off ; cue Boz Scaggs 'Lido Shuffle', a lowcountry dude himself who kept playin' the clubs till he hit the big time.

View attachment 208139
I present the ‘Lowco Liner’.
I built this one for slow Sunday cruises around downtown Savannah or near my local marina. The frame is a 1959 AMF Roadmaster, with a totally rebuilt 1940s era CWC Shockmaster fork and a 1950’s CWC tank and chainguard, with custom graphics. To ‘modernize’ it a bit, I installed a sealed cartridge bearing headset and crankset for butter smooth steering and pedaling. It’s running a solid 36t chainring with an 18t rear cog for easy starts from stop signs and just easy around cruising. The wheel are 57mm wide polished aluminum (by yours truly) rims running new Electra Retrorunner whitewalls.
The headlight was customized to run 6 LEDs, the rear is a vintage port/starboard flashlight style that pays homage to the fishing and boating heritage of the lowcountry. Since we’re pretty easy going down here, I had to install a ChopShop Customz laidback seatpost with an Electra XL saddle for a comfy ride and some ‘barefoot’ pedals. Final details are a set of leather ring lock-on style grips, a Harley Davidson style horn button with the wiring running through the vintage motorcycle handlebar mated to a 4-bolt BMX style stem. The tank horn button was converted to an LED lit headlight switch and the ‘shiny’ is finished off with a set full length set of chrome ducktail fenders.
I’d like to thank my good friend and riding buddy @kingfish254 for making this bike possible. First with the deal on the fork that made me enter the Build-Off, then letting me borrow a loaner wheelset to perform mock-ups and pull spoke measurements from while I built mine up. Always, a big shoutout to @OddJob for his offline advice too, and everyone else on RRB for the all the positive encouragement as this collection of parts became one the best bikes I’ve ever built.
Here’s a link to the build thread
https://ratrodbikes.com/forum/threads/lowco-liner-aka-sunday-best.115800/I hope you like it.
View attachment 208151

View attachment 208152
View attachment 208155

View attachment 208154
View attachment 208156
View attachment 208153
Sharp bike

Way to go brother!!! This top shelf build is such a perfect mix. Love your vision on it. Hopefully we can ride tomorrow if I tidy up my last few things and the weather cooperates. I want to see one wheel to wheel so to speak. :D

Absolutely insane reinterpretation of one of my favorite rides. I would ride that one with pride and a massive smile on my mug. Well done Doc. Best of luck.

Latest posts

Back