Lucky Strike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How are the final touches coming along, Brian?

clock ticking.gif

I've been thinking about a headbadge so I'm using this head tube I cut off something. Someone spray painted over the sticker so when I got the sticker off it left the outline I could use to cut the headbadge from.
IMG_20230712_195945541.jpg
IMG_20230712_200002276.jpg

Just need to get my daughter to cut me out something on her cricket and paint. I've also been redoing a messinger 2 piece seat recovered it with leather from a couch and repainting the bottom part. While I had it apart I modified it a little by cutting the "bridge" part out so I could flip the seat clamp up so I could get the seat down over the post
IMG_20230714_184831294.jpg
IMG_20230715_171328762.jpg
IMG_20230715_171242603_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230715_134526177_HDR.jpg

I think it turned out ok for this being only the second or third time I have redone a seat. I need to fix the nose spray some glue in there and clamp it till it dries.

im a fan of the "white wall look" to me. in my most honest feeble opinion, rekon the white walls help tame down the red coz I see youve gone with the red bars and head set, Hmmmm yep the white walls balance it!
the bike as a whole regardless of tyre selection is outstanding mate! well done, looks factory brand new!

im a fan of the "white wall look" to me. in my most honest feeble opinion, rekon the white walls help tame down the red coz I see youve gone with the red bars and head set, Hmmmm yep the white walls balance it!
the bike as a whole regardless of tyre selection is outstanding mate! well done, looks factory brand new!
Thanks I appreciate that I was going to have red bars but I missed the whole top part when painting and I ran out of red paint. Didn't want to go buy another can to repaint it but I had white left over so I just painted it white.
Beuatifully contrasting colors :inlove:
Thanks

Had a little bit of time after work today so I went to my shop and put the rack back together and put it on. Then I put the handle bar back on with the grips that came on the bike when I got it not sure if they are original or not.
Then I took it outside for a couple pics and to see it outside for the first time all together. Still need to figure out something for the headbadge or just not worry about it now and couple assembly touch ups. Going to take both my bikes to the new park this weekend and get some final pics. I had to take my other build out to get this bike out so I went ahead and took some pics of both bikes together.
IMG_20230719_190205793_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230719_190241038_HDR.jpg

Pics of both bikes
IMG_20230719_190335449_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230719_190419798_HDR.jpg

that pin striping on your bike really sets it off, very nice touch!
i'd forgotten about your stretch bike, jeeeez ya done a great job on that! just flows!

Had a little bit of time after work today so I went to my shop and put the rack back together and put it on. Then I put the handle bar back on with the grips that came on the bike when I got it not sure if they are original or not.
Then I took it outside for a couple pics and to see it outside for the first time all together. Still need to figure out something for the headbadge or just not worry about it now and couple assembly touch ups. Going to take both my bikes to the new park this weekend and get some final pics. I had to take my other build out to get this bike out so I went ahead and took some pics of both bikes together.View attachment 241739View attachment 241740
Pics of both bikes View attachment 241741View attachment 241742
Nice pair😎

Couple of beauties!
Digging the paint on Lucky Strike. You should have used a Lucky Strike cigarettes' sticker as a headbadge.

Latest posts

Back