MADE A TANK FOR BUILD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made an aluminum tank for my new build. Keep in mind I am a Banker, not a sheet metal fabricator! ... Honest opinions accepted... thanks 8)

IMG_7947.jpg

IMG_7946.jpg

That's gonna look COOL!............Might have to have you do one for me.

Man, You don't waste no time, A trip to Home Depot, You picked up a new trike, AND you made a Tank, How was work today?

KZ1000 said:
Man, You don't waste no time, A trip to Home Depot, You picked up a new trike, AND you made a Tank, How was work today?

Haven't you heard of Banker's Hours? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Nice job on the tank. I wonder if you could cover the rivets with bondo? I like the idea of the no weld tank.

Hey, looks good! The photo is a bit small so I can't see as well as I would like to.

It looks like you might have overlapped some of the "hinge cuts". What I did was make a "V" cut at each hinge point so that there would be no overlap of the flaps and everything would stay flatter. The brand of rivets I used are Olympic and they are aluminum too. The shaver tool is the expensive piece of the equation, but I already had one since I work on my old Airstreams.

After explaining to you twice how I made mine, I knew you were going to make one of these tanks, just not in one afternoon!! Good job!

yep. press fit. I had planned on putting two small aluminum bars across the two canti bars under the tank, but I didn't need them. That won't work for you. You might have to make some straps.

WOW!!! one afternoon thats all my dad told me about it but you make a tank in 1 day thats amazing i cant stop thinking how you pulled that off so quick you might have to give my dad some headers so he can go a little faster haha i am getting my meterials ready to build my chopper bike. well AUSOME job on the tank and i mean it :D

Back