Madison, Florida

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me, the wife - Gloria - and our son - Ethan - went for a little ride through town just before winter set in. Our town offers alot of scenery such as old homes, streets. Nothing fancy but still eye appealing some what.
006-3.jpg

"Are you coming or what?"
005-7.jpg

some older riding pics in downtown Madison
rides031.jpg

rides032.jpg

rides033.jpg

rides034.jpg

Smith-Goza mansion Civil War Hospital turned convention center
rides035.jpg

rides036.jpg

One of our restaurants. An "all you can eat" buffet. Used to be the Hillcrest Dairy Bar waaaaay back in the day
rides050.jpg

Our little Junior College. Our girls won the National Championship in softball a few years ago.
rides052.jpg

rides054.jpg

rides055.jpg

We have a lake in town that has a walking path but there`s some bike riding to be had also skating too around it.
rides059.jpg

rides060.jpg

rides061.jpg

Looks like a great place to live. If they would extend the Rail Trail across the state, I might bike out there on a camping trip.

Rail Trail? Do tell ... We do what we call "The Loop" which is a 137 mile journey through the county which is popular among roadies.

mikesbikes36 said:
u guys live in the same town and dont know each other ? how big is the town ?
Well, I don`t get out much lol. No, seriously, he works in Tallahassee which about an hour away and I don`t live IN town like he does and I very seldom go to town. I knew, from the CL ads, that SOMEONE lived in Madison that has the same bike love -so to speak- as I but never pursued trying to hook up with this person. We had talked a time or 2 a few months ago but that was it. When he came by the house the other night to pick up that Robinson, the same bike that my son is riding in those last pics in front of that mansion, we had some great fellowship. We have alot more in common than bikes. I`ve found that he is a Christian and believes that ..... is his personal savior just like I do. And now I look forward to more great fellowship, surrounding myself with other Christians.
How big is Madison you ask? lol We have 4 red lights lol

lambohaha said:
Rail Trail? Do tell ... We do what we call "The Loop" which is a 137 mile journey through the county which is popular among roadies.

There is an old rail line that went east-west across Florida that was the main line years ago. It parellels 90. They fought tooth and nail to get 15 miles of it made into a bike trail here in NE Florida. At the western end, we see it continues, but the owners of land on either side don't want the bike and people traffic going through.

5nncdf.jpg

It's a good thing I don't live there... as a collector of all things Coca-cola that sign would somehow end up at my house! Great looking neighborhood!

Back