Manti Te'o "dead girlfriend hoax"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I am split 50/50 on the whole Manti Te'o "dead girlfriend hoax". Part of me wants to believe him (popular athlete becomes victim by someone looking for financial gain) & the other part say what a effin scumbag (popular athlete becomes addicted to attention/drama, wants more popularity/money & will do anything to get it). If you've watched the documentary "Catfish" (which has been rumored to be a hoax itself), then you know that a hoax like this can be perpetrated by ANYONE with access to the internet, the time & a willing victim(s).

Is possible that Te'o got duped? Yes! Is it possible that he is doing the duping! Yes!

Peatbog said:
I heard about this and am not sure why it is such a big deal on the news. Was there money involved or something? Or was is just some really stupid joke thing of some kind? It seems like the hostage taking in Algeria would be bigger than this, but this is getting big exposure on the news. I just don't understand why exactly.

I agree...who cares about whether he lied about his gf or not...there are much more important things going on in the world that the media just ignores!

Yeah who cares about some nobody football player with all the wars going on in the world. What gets me is when he would call this person his "girlfriend" and they never even met! (Turns out, it was a dude!) :lol:

Latest posts

Back