match race madness!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
i got a call from a buddy in austin, this morning,and he was telling me about this friend of his. seems his dad was a drag racer back in the old days, and he grew up as a pit rat! starts telling me about 300 some odd photo`s , that he`s going to download to disc and send to me. so he shoots me a few in an email! :D soon as i looked at the first pic,i could hear the twilight zone theme playin` in my head! :shock: last night,i watched my copy of funny car summer,for the millionth time,and now i`m looking at pics of some kid who lived the same lifestyle! enjoy! :D :D
grump1.jpg
grump2.jpg
wstand.jpg
wstand3.jpg
]

no, his dad was not bill jenkins. but magicrat was correct! :D when i re-checked the pictures,the last pic was titled,".... harding,july 1972",so it is indeed the "backup pickup".

the green monster! :D oh yeah! was the michigan madman the guy who rode the f.i. small block chevy powered motorcycle? think it only had one gear. i have had the luck to see the lil` red wagon run against the hurst hemi under glass,wild bill shrewsberry`s l.a. dart, green monster,etc. `72-`75 era,high school time! :lol: :lol:

Yepper!! And there was another guy that travelled around with a VW bug that had an Allison V-12 in it. But can't remember his name? The green monster came to the local dragstrip one time and when they lit it off, it blew apart a metal fence that separated the parking lot from the staging area. People scattered trying to avoid all the flying metal. Bill Jenkins was a pioneer in the use of roller lifters and rockers used in a lot of automotive engines built now. Those were the days!!!

mark,you forgot the most important part...."BE THERE!" :lol: i remember u.s.30! i lived in illinois,in `70and`71, farthest my parents would take me was oswego dragway,in oswego,ill. :D

Latest posts

Back