(MBBO#04 Class 1) "Fury"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was going to make this for the klunker build off, but it will be utilized for this build off. It will have a hot rod/post-apocalyptic theme.

frame%20003_zpsceimtkat.jpg

Mad Max Muscle

Maybe I'll find a 26" frame for the off road build off. There's plenty of time. I looked for a pic of a motorcycle or car with the theme, but couldn't find one like I have in mind. The fenders will be different and serve as friction brakes. I'll be using a freewheel SRAM Automatix so it'll have to have brakes.
sram%20003%20-%20Copy_zpsk0c0mbgw.jpg

Any progress?
Congrats on one of your builds making the RRB FB Bike of the Day

Any progress?
Congrats on one of your builds making the RRB FB Bike of the Day

I was surprised to see that bare metal bike show up this morning. That's the second time I've had a bike in the Bike of the day, the other was a Rollfast Mustang.

Progress? Mostly a lot of thinking. I'm looking for material to make discs for the wheels and fenders, and also checking the motorcycle junkyards for parts. I has a virus of some kind for more than a week and am catching up and getting ready for finals at school, and I've been working with the ICC, (Coastal Cleanup campaign) also as VP of the Rotary club. But I should show some real progress in a week or so.

Yep! Still plenty of time left. I have found that if I set aside to work on one area at least 15 minutes daily I end up spending 30 minutes doing it. Eventually it will get completed. I'm in the process of hiring 2 drivers and their training so I am at work a lot for the next couple of weeks and one day on the weekend. I can't ignore the family either so spending endless hours on the bike project is out of the question. Life happens and bikes are just a part of that. Priorities first, ALWAYS. Good luck with the finals.:thumbsup:

If I remember correctly Fordsnake used pizza pans as wheel disks on on of his builds,I think for build off 9. They looked pretty good.
Good, I might look for just the right diameter and not have to do much cutting.

Good, I might look for just the right diameter and not have to do much cutting.
If I remember correctly the only cutting he had to do was the holes for the axles.

Just realized, I say if I remember correctly a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
I measured my 20 x 1.75" wheels, 7 3/4" radius to the inside of the rim, and 8 1/4" radius to the outer edge of the rim. So, the overall diameter should be 15 1/2" if I leave the rim showing or 16.5" to cover the whole wheel right to the tire bead. To go to the tire edge will be less concave. If I want to air up the tire without removing the discs, I'll have to cut an access hole in each one. The discs can be mounted with velcro for easy removal, then they can be solid all the way, but I'll have to take the wheel off to air it up. I'm thinking a circular hole won't look too bad on the discs.
disc_zpsd7sm2xo5.jpg

Latest posts

Back