(MBBO 4 - Class 1) Corvette Stingray, big boys need Muscle Bikes too..........DeLuxe......Back In!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am throwing my hat in, even though I still need to finish my Space Pumpkin build from the last build off. I have wanted to build this bike since I joined the site. Actually, bidding on this frame was the first post I made on RRB.com!
Here is a picture of that frame that I purchased from @Robertk that day. A real powder coated beauty she is!

IMGP2020.jpg

The plan is to build a 26" stingray with this bike. I will use a phantom style tank, banana seat, tall sprung sissy bar, Jerald slick, etc. etc.
The first challenge will be fitting the Felt 50mm 3 speed wheel and the Jerald WW Slick into the rear!

SWEET!
I bet the 50mm and Jerald will fit in there better than you think.

One of these days I wanna build a 26" Stingray too. This is going to be cool. I love blue and chrome together. Definitely watching!

One of these days I wanna build a 26" Stingray too. This is going to be cool. I love blue and chrome together. Definitely watching!
It just makes sense doesn't it? If I have time, I may build a Whamo wheelie bar for it too.

Thanks Crash! I have seen Monster Ray. But, I may have to go back and refresh my memory!

I mounted the Jerald slick on my felt 50mm wheel last night to check the fit. There is plenty of room in the seat stays, but the chain stays are TIGHT! Now, I'm trying to decide, wedge the chain stays wider or build the extension plates. Extension plates would give me more options for mounting the sissy bar and wheelie bar......it is too early in the build for a sticking point.

Several big bikes this time around,can't wait to see them all.

I think that this build may go a little slower than I had hoped. I have a bathroom remodel to do some time.
Anyway, I went ahead and stretched the chain stays to see just what it would take to get my tire and wheel assembly fitted up. Everything went well, although I did scuff the powdercoating in a couple of areas. It is on the inner part of the chain stays so, even though it doesn't make me happy, it won't be too hard to live with. Here are a couple of pictures that show how much clearance I have now.

IMG_14971.JPG

IMG_1494.JPG

Thanks Luke. I went ahead and ordered a white and silver metalflake overstuffed banana seat. I thought about buying it in blue, but it didn't look like a match for the bike color. I also have the silver metalflake coke bottle grips coming from Ian. I think that I have most of the bike figured out.....I just have to execute the plan!!

Latest posts

Back