(MBBO#4 Class 1) grr-Rat-ified...DONE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Went for a ride last nite with my lady friend, and she said; "Just pull one of the bikes out that rides nice." So the closest to hand that she could ride without changing the seat height was my 95' Scrambler. Well it fit fine, could've used a taller set of bars (like small apes) but it was kinda cool watchin' her cruisin' a little 20" Since I'm building me one AND I have this pile of leftover parts, I might as well assemble her a little muscle bike too!

The fork is just okay... the og is bent but I can fix it... anyway right now it's just parts...
Also, shhh it's a secret...:giggle:

Carl.

Looking forward to the Gr-Ratification it will bring you (and her)!

Dude...spent almost two hours pulling the seat post... fluid, fire and stubborn monkey wrench muscle... but it's out. Burned some paint off too. Gotta go look at a bathroom remodeling job. Coming back later gonna try and get it stripped today. Pics soon...

Carl.

Here's my work bench... got the post out.

Put a couple hours in this afternoon...
not quite completely stripped but getting there...
It's starting to look like something...

Carl.

black with yellow stripe.:bigboss:
No it's a Troxel. Ugly thing too. Black with a big green stripe with thin yellow stripes on each side of the green. Cool thing is it's a two pan, so I can recover it.

Carl.

AWESOME bars!!!! And trick wheels too!!!
I used those bars and wrap on my first build ever in the MBBO#2 - "HeadBanger" which now has a different set of bars and paint... I've been sticking them on all my bike mockups at some point, but I think they're gonna stay on this one... maybe a silver glitter seat...

Carl.

AWESOME bars!!!! And trick wheels too!!!
Wow ! Just seen her stripped.:giggle:
Dig"n, those wheels.:cool2:

You guys like those rims? They are identical to another build going on here... one of Brett4Christ's. I have two sets, old Mongoose's, (mongeese?) stripped these and kept the others black, and put them on my old Scrambler. This pair needs a new freewheel.

Carl.

You guys like those rims? They are identical to another build going on here... one of Brett4Christ's. I have two sets, old Mongoose's, (mongeese?) stripped these and kept the others black, and put them on my old Scrambler. This pair needs a new freewheel.

Carl.
I like those mongoose mags also. I don't build much 20" stuff lately, so haven't been collecting them. Hehe mongeese. I wonder if that goes plural like moose.

Building... riding...

Oh yeah! Will the frame stay stripped / raw?
Stripped but not raw... I'm hoping I can get it polished up and really shining, then follow that up with Duplicolor color effex, an awesome clear coat with a very fine multicolor glitter in it! I've used it over metalflake, but I want to see it on bare metal. May do the rims too!

Carl.

Stripped but not raw... I'm hoping I can get it polished up and really shining, then follow that up with Duplicolor color effex, an awesome clear coat with a very fine multicolor glitter in it! I've used it over metalflake, but I want to see it on bare metal. May do the rims too!

Carl.
Wow! I will be watching to see that paint for sure! New one on me....

Carl.
That sounds awesome!
Looking good Carl!

Luke.

Latest posts

Back