(MBBO #4 CLASS #1) The EXECUTIONER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the frame is back from my buddy from being sand plasted.
b6476a260afcfcdb56ab2f53fb0df78c.jpg
c028624e3d44efb6dbb6ff22485402ea.jpg
3744f332d7b251bebe44b319d9785b15.jpg

So here's the question: Do I need to sand this down before having another buddy powder coat it? If seems a little rough like worn concrete, almost. I know i need to clean up some welds and other rough spots but does the whole thing need to be glass? Any advice would be appreciated.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Out of my wheel house on sand blasting and prep for powder coat. That frame has a real long and sleek look to it. Did it seem long in the front end before you disassembled it?

I think powder goes on right after sand blasting but like Carl said. Best to check with the guy doing it.

The painter isn't an expert he works at a place a friend of mine works at. He normally paints smooth sheet metal. He can do it as a "government" job at work for FREE so asking a lot of questions or complicating things is unwise. I need to drop the frame ready to spray.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Might try posting it in the How to section or Bike Talk section. There are some guys on here that know a thing or 2 about powder coating.

So I rebuilt the rear wheel and shined it up well. I then drilled the rivets out of the exersise dsc wheel. The more I think about it the more I wonder why I'm using a nice wheel for this project, most will be hidden behind the disc anyways. So here are my options....
845fd2247ba52d14ac66e449e8ca9914.jpg

802ff558df3a04d39ddd847cd522d19e.jpg
4d08195d0f233ddc170b2a836934b916.jpg

I think I like the option on the left better the rim is "beveled" so the disc sits better. Plus it's a cheap wheel with way fewer spokes I would otherwise never use. Now I'm considering painting the rims to match the disc. Thoughts?

I like the chrome rims, they frame the color better and make it stand out.

Keep the chrome it looks good like that with the disc. Nice accent!

I took a rollbar for a buggy and some engine parts straight from the sandblaster after blowing them off to the powder coater and they came out fine. Have not heard anything else about special prep for that.

Latest posts

Back