(MBBO Class 2) Muscle Basket Case

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Have a 68 Murray eliminator I believe it may be a girls model cannot read the numbers to well but the first few is m08261??????? According to the sight I was looking at says that 251 was the girls model but could not find 261 anyway it has coaster wheels on it would like to put 24" 5 or 6 speed on rear and extend it a little to make it more comfy to ride I am 6'1 and around 270 pounds! When extended for the wheel I'll be able to move seat and sissy bar back hopefully enough to be comfortable without making it want to wheelie if it does I'm considering a wheelie bar with a caster wheel made from a 12"? E scooter wheel that will be touching the ground always and it will have baskets front and back hopefully will have pics tonight around 9or10

Does anyone know what kind of wheel this is found it at my father in laws house Labor Day it has no name it says made in USA and has the letters CS stamped in it it is a 20" wheel has big fat spokes in it too
Hope I have posted pics correctly

I have clamped two pieces of 1/2" square metal to the frame to try and keep a center line the chain stays are all warped up May have to tack the square pieces together square and drill and bolt at front for a pivot
Be patient with me if I am posting wrong tell me

This is the look I am going for traced the frame from a picture on iPad and guessed on the rear wheel hoping to use a five or six speed cassette but may just use a freewheel single speed is all the threads the same so they will interchange would like to find a good wide slick 3" ? Maybe can't find much for a 24" really like the look of the old Carlisle slicks for the 20" also thinking of welding two wheels together if can find someone to lace it up need to learn that skill for myself but would like a hands on lesson first found a bike shop in knoxville but that's like 70 miles away but I'm down that way weekly hope they would be nice enough to work with me guess this is enough rambling

Cool another Eliminator and that is a boys frame but man it looks bent.
Some alignment needed for sure, I'll be following along !
Mark
The site I was looking at said the frames was a new unisex design only difference was seat,color and basket but they changed to a new girls frame few years later

hoping to use a five or six speed cassette but may just use a freewheel single speed is all the threads the same so they will interchange
Yes, they use the same threads, done that a few times. Sometimes the chainline will not line up though depending on the wheel.

Luke.

That is where correct backspace comes in isn't it? That why I'm wanting to learn the skill

1/5/6/7 freewheel are all the same threads (well most I've seen some funky ones before).
I just took my 7 speed wheel down to 5 speed. There's ways to correct the chain line by spacing on the wheel & or wheel.

1/5/6/7 freewheel are all the same threads (well most I've seen some funky ones before).
I just took my 7 speed wheel down to 5 speed. There's ways to correct the chain line by spacing on the wheel & or wheel.
You talking about using different thickness nuts or washers on either side of axle
Can you get a two or three speed cassette or is there such a thing? I guess if I wanted that I should save for a hub

Could that wheel say ACS on the hub? I have a high-flange ACS hub that looks like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I will take a closer look and let you know I'm hoping to get it cleaned up enough to paint the rim and spokes the spokes are thick enough that I don't think a little rust will hurt wanting to use it on my build

Changed thread title to class 2 don't know how 1 got there but I will be modifying the chain stays to make longer to accept a 24" wheel or maybe a26" just because of tire availability if it would look rite without being goofy don't think that would be okay for class 1 but anyway just having fun glad to participate!!

I will take a closer look and let you know I'm hoping to get it cleaned up enough to paint the rim and spokes the spokes are thick enough that I don't think a little rust will hurt wanting to use it on my build
Yes it is acs after I looked at it through a jewelers loop was able to see the A in front of CS

Got a little done today I clamped the two square pieces I m using for a jig with a couple pieces of aluminum plate screwed together and two more pieces of the square tubing clamped it together in the back got the rear end straightened out pretty good probably better than it's been in a long time as long as my makeshift jig is fairly straight

Was wandering if they ever made a 26" stick shift hawthorn 3 speed my neighbor said someone was supposed to come trade him one tomorrow and they told him it was original but we don't hardly believe them but we will see what they bring? ?

Latest posts

Back