(MBBO4 Class 1) 1972 CCM ''The Spoiler''

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1443078937-thespoiler.gif

Hey everyone! First time entry, I've been having this hunk of parts for awhile and I though I'd finally piece it back together. It is a CCM Spoiler dated 1972, a variation of the more known CCM Marauder.

It will be a total restoration, paint, chrome, you name it. There is also a lot of parts missing to find so hopefully I'll gather averything in time.

This is the goal to achieve (Mostly, this is the only picture I have of a 72', some parts are incorrect):

1443071984-folder-icon-spoiler.jpg

And here's everything I have for now:

1443071984-dscf9118.jpg

1443078942-dscf9113.jpg

As of right now I'll be preping the frame soon for paint, already have the color since one of my last builds was a 70' and they share the same color...

I'll do further updates as the build go on, good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
That is a cool frame! I like those forks you have on there now.

Well, it's seems I won't be able to finish it in time, due to some rebel wisdom tooths suddenly wrecking havoc, I'll re-post the build on the main build section since it's still going on, just not ready anytime soon.

You still have time! I haven't even finished the welding on one bike and have just started prepping for paint on the other! Of course I am known for last minute finishes. I literally finished with 35 minutes left to spare 2 years ago.

Either way, I'd still like to see it done. I love your Restos!

You still have time! I haven't even finished the welding on one bike and have just started prepping for paint on the other! Of course I am known for last minute finishes. I literally finished with 35 minutes left to spare 2 years ago.

Either way, I'd still like to see it done. I love your Restos!

I wish, the only chrome shop nearby is already closed for the rest of the month (Christmas vacation) and I'm mostly out of cash anyway due to the problem mentioned above.

Don't worry Crash, I'll have it done early 2016 for sure, probably gonna start one of my X-16 after this one. :thumbsup:

I'm starting to sweat my chrome shop as well. They have my custom Flaming Stack. The owner was going to do the welding since it's really delicate work, then smooth and chrome it. It was supposed to have been done late November... and here we are. I would hate for that to be my hang up... something out of my control.

Well little brother, you could finish everything else on this bike and submit it minus the chain guard. Long term you're going to have it, and short term it's not like it's a drive train item...
I'm guessing that it will drive you crazy because I've seen how precise your builds are but like you said... it's something out of your control. (Really like most things in life...)

Carl.

I wish, the only chrome shop nearby is already closed for the rest of the month (Christmas vacation) and I'm mostly out of cash anyway due to the problem mentioned above.

Don't worry Crash, I'll have it done early 2016 for sure, probably gonna start one of my X-16 after this one. :thumbsup:
Do you steel have this bike

Latest posts

Back