Memory Lane goodies....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So, I drove up to Memory Lane on Friday. I was a little disappointed as I was looking for a nice Huffman, but nothing that caught my eye or that I was willing to buy. The good news is that I found a tank light for my '64 Firestone 500 and a tank for my Higgins Bike Build Off bike. I had been looking for both for about 6 months. I found this crusty old Huffy with a tank and my light. It was missing the seat, bars, etc. I asked the guy what he wanted for it and he said $15. I really didn't need another project and have spent the last month cleaning out my garage, so I told him I would give him the $15 and take the light and he could keep the rest. The light isn't perfect, so I painted it "chrome". It is complete and in decent shape. I am guessing it still works. Going to look into having it replated or just keep my eyes out for a better one. Here it is mounted to my tank.

I also found a WWII gas mask. Not sure why I bought it, but its cool.

stuff.jpg

Firestone looks great....was nice seeing you again.

Nice seeing you too Jeff....the Firestone looks killer thanks to that 63 Huffy you sold me! Dang, that was one clean bike. The wheels, crank, bars, etc...You know, I have Ballooners, middleweights and musclebikes and I swear this Huffy built is my favorite bike. I just love the "500" reference being a car guy...and the red/black/chrome looks is so nice.

Some old Gas masks can have asbestos in them..be carefull ...? Not to say for sure your's has it I dont know..?

Latest posts

Back