mens sears bike anyone know the year?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I picked this up yesterday for 15 bucks off a fellow junk collector and I am wndering it's year.
ithas what looks like rib tread tires which do hold air and looks to be all stock just very plain jane.
I got it for afriend of mine but know nothing about it other then it is a sears it appears to be a sears abdged j.c. higgins but im cannot back tat up so I am coming to my fellow rrbers to find out if anyone can tell me a year and also if it is a j.c. higgins badged or sears
i will get some better pics today but this is basically how i found it bird poop and all lol all i did was air up the tires turn the stem aound oil everything and dry wipe some of th dust off it otherthen that this is how i found it
12784507_1024763337567676_2131027516_n.jpg

lil update it is in fact amf built i was looking for the serial number and on the elft dropout i found this stamped into the frame the letters mfgbyamfinc and on the right side of the headtube the number 470 457610 i was also informed it was 71 or 73

lil update it is in fact amf built i was looking for the serial number and on the elft dropout i found this stamped into the frame the letters mfgbyamfinc and on the right side of the headtube the number 470 457610 i was also informed it was 71 or 73
470 is probably Sears' code for AMF, just as Murray's was 502, and I think Huffy was 505. 45761 is likely the Sears catalog #. A '71-9 bike would have a BMA/6 sticker on the seat tube, so this one is probably 68 -70. -Adam

Latest posts

Back