Merlin Titanium with full Campy Record (With a Chorus rear derailleur)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I picked this up at an Estate auction for $85.00. No one wanted it.

O5rpri.jpg

w613vz.jpg

Ok, seriously... I've been looking for a new race bike for a little bit so I can get my fat rear back into Triathlons. My friend who owns a local bike shop and I were talking about sizing, and we were looking at a new Trek or Cannondale with Shimano 105 on it at about my highest price point. One of his mechanics had a 61cm that's too big for him, so he was going to bring it in today to look at. But last night my friend gets hold of me and tells me that a customer is looking to unload his bikes, and brought this one in. My friend knew it would fit me, but told him my max price range. The guy reluctantly agreed, so in the beginning of April I will be riding titanium! I'm stoked!

What a smoking deal looks like a Carbon fork too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, congrats on the find. Glad to see you found a bike to fit the bill. I guess this means there's a campus green repaint in your future?

Well, congrats on the find. Glad to see you found a bike to fit the bill. I guess this means there's a campus green repaint in your future?
No. Now I can't afford it. LOL

I haven't ruled out kicking that bike loose. I don't know. But no one is beating down my door for it.

No. Now I can't afford it. LOL

I haven't ruled out kicking that bike loose. I don't know. But no one is beating down my door for it.
That's what EBay and Craigslist is for... just let it go.

Just met a guy at a local deli with a titanium bike, wow. Felt no heavier than my soda and sandwich. o_O He said he had been hospitalized a couple of days by a BMW driver, but the bike was fine. :crazy:

I want it !!!! :heart:

Great lookin ride , hope it gets you where you need to go !

~ Rafael ~

Latest posts

Back