Metal Bicycle Tank

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In '95, not exactly sure, I was bringing to life a 1934 Schwinn Aerocycle. Biggest challenge was the tank, Chestnut Hollow offered
a real nice one, but it was fiber glass….and Memory Lane only supplied the decals. I found a source in Hemmings, & he built a real
nice metal tank. $$$$$ oh yes….but I had to have it in metal! Regretfully…I sold the bike! I'm now on the quest to build an Indian
bicycle from the 1920's…except for the tank…everything else I have. Problem is, I don't remember the guy ,all I remember is he was
up North…I'm in Texas ! Anybody out there reading this have any clue, let me know….otherwise…I'll probably wind up doing it myself,
This tank has more or less straight lines & not art-deco curves like the Aerocycle .

far from the skills of many , i can build a metal tank for a bicycle from scratch using 16 gauge sheet metal , but there is a lot of time involved thats why the cost is so high , but if the 1930 indian tank is what u are looking for i would look for a fat bob style gas on e bay or craigs list usedfor a real motorcycle u will see this is the style tank i think u are looking for then cut it down and modify it to the bike , can give u more info on how to do it if u need it . or if u really want to build one from scratch i can also explain to u how to do thatand make it much easier on you i have been working on this type of metal work for motorcycles following and practicing ,learning ,i have built several for the earlier style harley /indian , if u look at the build off 7 day wonder this a type of metal tank i build for bicycles a lot and since they really dont have to hold gas the welding work is much easiers , no pressure testing and so forth . post a pic of your bike from the past and present and i can possibably help u more .

Latest posts

Back