Micargi Stretch Cruiser Feedback Needed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking about buying a Micargi stretch cruiser or just buying a limo frame & building it up.

Does anyone here own a Micargi? If so, what is your feedback on it?

Musting-NX3-Matt20black.jpg

they are 100% pure junk! :wink: bought a frame about 4 years ago. came complete with a dinged headtube and a whole lot of imperfections,that they cover up with vinyl graphics. the build frustrated me to the point that i dropped 300 on a firebike frame,before they got a little pricey! :cry: buyer beware! :lol:

Micargi is known as Micrappy in SoCal.
They are known to come with bent rims, loose spokes, loose hardware that falls off while riding, and are overall not worth their cheap price. I also hate how they're bikes copy every style and graphic available from Electra to Nirve to Dyno to Schwinn.
You'll get more satisfaction from building one anyway.

The Micargi frame is rough to say the least. The welds are poor and it looks like they did the tubes with bender instead of a roller.. I'd go with the limo. Much better quaility and the limo in my opinion has the best geometry of any production stretch frame out there.

I've never heard of them but to me it looks like a copycat of a Dyno cruiser. Looks kinda cool though. What do they normally run as far as price goes?

MikeS said:
The Micargi frame is rough to say the least. The welds are poor and it looks like they did the tubes with bender instead of a roller.. I'd go with the limo. Much better quaility and the limo in my opinion has the best geometry of any production stretch frame out there.
I'm not sure if it's the same frame, but I bought a Limo style frame from Ebay and built it up from scratch with quality second hand parts. I've had it for over a year now and couldn't be happier with it.
low913.jpg

I too want a stretched lowrider but I can't find anything cheap - like in I have no income. I'm not a big fan of the Schwinn cantilever style frame with the Schwinn style springer look, not in the classics or the modern stretches. I like the ones that look like motorcycles with the triple tree fork, chopper style seat and integral tank. So even though all I've ever heard is that the Micargis are junk, I still like this particular model with the skirted fenders (I also like front fenders). But alas, nothing available that I know of in my price range and even the Micargis are sold out everywhere I've looked. Oh well.

52MicargiPumaDelux24-26.jpg

Hi GameBent! Thanks for the Dyno tip. I searched "Orange County" for Dynos and there were quite a few of the stretched Roadsters. One for $400 even had a Nexus 7 - very cool. There are no Dyno Roadsters in Indiana so it would probably cost a pretty penny to have one shipped from the West Coast. Could be something to do with Income Tax Return. Thanks again.

How about planning a road trip to LA for a short vacation and then drive back with the bike?
Talk about a great souvenir!!

Back