might be restoring this one for a client anyone know what year? she said hawthorne

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
well I got a hit form one of my ads and this beauty came into sight
a very beautiful and worthy candidate for a restore
the only question is what year is it?
it has a skip tooth sprocket and has the skirt guards and the beehive springer so I am assuming it is late 40's early 50's but I am unsure.
I am going to go take a look at it and see it in person(hopefully) sometime tonight.

I am already falling in love with this gal but she isn't mine lol

Hawthorne springer fork like I used on Flexy.
Probably late 40s

Cool that's even better I think she might want to sell it of she does and the price is right I will buy it If I do in fact end up owning it I am gonna keep it as is and just lube it air up tires and loosen any seized parts in true ratrod fashion

Cool rack and headlight too

Cool rack and headlight too
I agree I love the headlight and rack I also love the beehive springer
she wants to restore it but I think if I made a reasonable offer I could own it a lot of people around here once you show them money they sell t nonetheless I will love restoring this beauty more updates soon.
sean

If you search for this item number 161639059652 on eBay you'll see the '48 I sold a few months ago. The frame looks like the same gray color, but I can't quite tell what color the fenders and rack are. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those Hawthorne springer forks have been popping up all over the place lately

Latest posts

Back