Military themed Beast on sale

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I stopped by the Exchange at NAS Jax yesterday and saw a new Beast on sale in the bike dept. $219 on the price tag. I took a cellphone pic.

217c7a.jpg

deorman said:
Yeah, but at least we didn't get stuck with the yellow pudding colored rims. :roll:

Good point but I plan to strip my wheels anyway.

Someone posted they shaved 1/2 lb by stripping the paint off the wheels..
Has anyone else tried this?

When I tore mine apart, the wheels were light, it's the tires that are 7lbs each.

I was the one that took the paint off the wheels. Ive done it on 2 bikes now. It takes about 1/4 lb off the bike. The paint on the rims is surprisingly heavy, I know that sounds stupid, but its how it was for me. Its roughly 68 grams per wheel. So about 140 grams for the bike, more if you strip the paint from the inside of the rim. I only did the outside, and a strip down the middle in the inside. I got my bare rim to 899 grams, this was with 1.5 inch holes.

What tires and tubes are folks buying ?
I have changed the gears to 34 T and 20 T,
added lower wide handlebars and a water bottle holder.
Pictures to follow.

I just installed a origin8 devistator on the rear of my Brutus and I'm considering another for the front, aggressive tread yet still buttery on Crete pics soon to follow

Someone posted they shaved 1/2 lb by stripping the paint off the wheels..
Has anyone else tried this?

I unspoked a pair of Beast wheels to paint the rims JD yellow over the original paint. Really, the rims weren't that heavy at all. I've seen steel mtb rims that weigh more. The rear hub weighs a ton. The tires are crazy heavy. The inner tubes are made of thick heavy rubber and rather undersized imo, like 3" diameter for a 4.5 wide tire? The undersized tubes do make it easy to change the tires.

Last edited:
Looks good! I really like the triple tree forks. What brand are they and is there anything you had to do to put them on? Thanks!

Latest posts

Back