mini rat - now called "Slow Ride" DONE 11/29

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: mini rat - now called "Slow Ride" new pics 11/16

Hey Rat,I LIKE IT!

Hey how about putting a valve spring in your springer...it would keep it low AND still work.

MagicRat said:
Hey Rat,I LIKE IT!

Hey how about putting a valve spring in your springer...it would keep it low AND still work.

:!: I might have to try this!!!!!

Well I got it done. Left off the fenders, still might put them on later. The bike rides great though, should be a lot of fun next spring/summer. Let me know what you think.

I know I forgot to take the yellow stickers off the crank arms, I will do that.

1-11.jpg

2-9.jpg

4-7.jpg

3-8.jpg

Dude this came out wicked. Nice bike. I could no way in you know where ride it due to my size but it's awesome. Man I love this place. Something cool is born every day.

Looking good! Man does it sit low.

I know whatcha mean about it being hard to ride with drop bars on a 20... my project came out quite short as well.

I was also considering turning them right side up but I thought it would hurt the lines of the bike too much.

I loved it with the fenders draggin' but the final look is really unique too. The long fork really stretches it out, and it's not a short frame to begin with. The color combo really makes it jump out at you.

Nice work, good luck in the competition!

--Rob

awesome! I've never been particularly thrilled by lowriders (some do just look pretty cool, most don't), but with those bars and the lack of much chrome, I REALLY dig it alot...

Thanks for all the comments guys!

As for the bars being upright, I really had no choice unless I only wanted to ride in a straight line or had 20 feet to turn around haha.

I might add fenders in the future, not sure though.

I think the bike would look awesome with white walls, but I have less than $10 into the bike (only bought paint) so everything else is stuff I had lying around.

I'm not into lowriders at all, but I liked the raked look on this bike, I was going to measure the wheelbase as its pretty long.

I like the colors you used. I like simple two tone paint jobs. But I do have a question.... how did you get the bike to stay upright for the picture? did you set some bricks beside the tires or something?

Ha, I was analyzing the pictures of the bike and I couldn't figure it out. But this a slick ride man, congrats.

3-8.jpg

In this pic on the left you can just make out the kickstand... :D

ACD said:
In this pic on the left you can just make out the kickstand... :D

Ahhh, I see now. Its still a cool picture though. I asked because when I set up some of my bikes for photos, I find a rock or something to keep the front wheel from turning when it leans on the kick stand.

cheers

clean bike love the mags and color combo. not really into low riders either but you make it look great. i agree after the build off toss some white walls on there just for arguments sake. cool bike if i was going to build a low rider your bike is what it would end up looking like.

Latest posts

Back