Mini Splat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This 20" bike is ready. My grandson back in Hawaii has seen it and may have already taken possession of it. Getting over here to get it might take awhile. This was supposed to be a practice frame for splatter paint. However, I was able to use it after cutting some standard headset cups and making them work on this oddball size frame. The cranks are also a funny size but I found a NOS crankset, cottered of course. It uses a handbrake and a band brake on the rear.
The tires are made here in the Philippines and the rims are heavy spoked, like worksman wheels.
Build thread: https://ratrodbikes.com/forum/threads/mini-splat.115114/

fin 1.jpg
fin 2.jpg
fin 3.jpg
fin 6.jpg
fin 7.jpg

You must have a lot of patience to do a splatter paint job like that.
But the time I get the mechanical work completed, I'm ready to do a quickie solid color paint job and take it for a ride.

It actually went pretty quick. After the base coat, It needs about 10 minutes for each color to dry enough to add the next color, just enough time to clean the brush and mix the next color paint and a little water. Then it gets a couple coats of clear to finish it off. My other two entries for ORBO (not posted as finished yet) are also splatter painted that way.

I forgot to mention that this bike was also made here in the Philippines, probably 20-30 years ago.

Latest posts

Back