MiniFrankenbike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
not sure what this is. What I know is it is a Columbia, it is a 20" wheel bike, it is a girls bike with a transgender top bar. Serial # 116924. ('70)...... Not sure what is original; I know the ND skip tooth hub and skip tooth cranks and pedals definitely are not. Can't find anything with the tube graphics. The rear tire is a Goodyear 20 X 2.125 Grasshopper slick and the front tire is a Goodyear 20 X 2.125 Airtime. Not sure if the seat a sissy bar is original or ape hangers. It came with the rear fender but is unmourned. Crazy mongrel bike.....help

Upon further inspection of my bike, the head badge says Westfield bicycle co so the W116924 may be a 20" 1953 bike with skip tooth power. Of course, everything else, seat, sissy bar, ape hangers, rear slick tire and top conversion bar have been added. Still puzzled...hopefully getting closer to getting this solved! Any feedback, buddies?

Thanks cman for the info.....definitely looks like what I have....bought the bike a couple of days ago for cheap money just because it was so different and cool. The skip tooth hub and cranks definitely got my attention. Also has a chopper style kick stand. The grips are crazy...some kind of gremlin thing.

not sure about the bike but it appears to be a convertible which would mean the top tube can be removed for a girl and put back on for a boy
in which case i would say it is a cool bike and i love them troll grips their wicked coool
very nice bike

It has the convertible bar, sure, but I don't think there's much reason to believe they're a matched set. My opinion is that it started out as a '53 girl's bike, like this one:
sv104768-1.jpg

Then, given the treatment later on. The builders did a better job than most. Some very nice parts on that one...especially those groovy grips!

Latest posts

Back