Monarch Springer Fork

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to put a Monarch springer fork on an Electra Coaster frame,and excuse my ignorance on the subject,but would it be possible to use the front suspension struts which contain the springs, with the original fork on my bike?It looks like it is completely detactchable from it's fork,so why could I not modify the setup to work with my original fork?

Thanks,
John

yes that is the way to get around the short comings of the repop fork just as i did on this years build off bike. i took it a step further and made my own longer rockers but the concept is the same. DO NOT run this fork stock if you like your teeth where they are. :mrgreen:

And Karfer's not talking about the teeth on your chainring.

To do this, just undo the nuts and bolts from the "stationary" end of the rockers and re-assemble to a standard fork. I've seen at least one person here do this. I just don't feel like finding the thread. If you can find a close up pic of the rockers, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Latest posts

Back