Monarch style springers on OCC schwinns

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i picked up a larger OCC stingray today (7" -ish headtube) for pennies. Completely ride-able.

However, i bought for the sole intention of stretching the frame, mounting an 80cc engine on it, and using it here around Road Atlanta during the races and festivals.

Im a sucker for a springer front end. The front wheel on this particular model is a 24". Ive searched, and searched, and cannot find any examples of a monarch fork style on an OCC sting ray.

Enlighten me.

Last edited:
This is true i guess.

I would figure that it has at least been attempted before, considering the popularity in motorizing these OCC's.

I would figure:

1. Theyre mostly deemed not up to par/task or "dangerous" on a motor bike, given the excess speed and stresses.

2. Maybe the head tube diameter/length poses an issue: (1 1/8" x 6 7/8").

3. Rake/trail/wheel flop geometry. I understand with such a laid back rake on these, moving the wheel forward on fork offset for a springer fork will increase the trail, and even more wheel flop. Im ok with that.

However my project will likely never see above 20mph, if that. Being that i live in an ever changing grade region, i plan on springing for a larger rear sprocket (more than a 44t) to aid in pulling the hills. Also hence the larger 80cc engine, and keeping the smaller 20x4 rear wheel setup. (6'3" 250lbs)

So far im eyeballing a 26" chrome monarch style fork with the proper 1 1/8" tube diameter. However, id love to find an entire schwinn spoiler fork/brake/wheel combo. (Wouldnt we all, who are building a chopper bike)

I wont give too many details here, as ill save that for the "builds" section.

Heres similar to what im looking at (except its threaded):

http://m.ebay.com/itm/SALE-26-Dual-Springer-Fork-1-1-8-Threadless-Cruiser-Bicycle-Chrome-Monark-Bike-/262119708354?hash=item3d078d56c2:g:UMUAAOSw4q9XTj0~&_trkparms=pageci%3Ac739ee93-e2fb-11e6-adba-74dbd1e006aa%7Cparentrq%3Ad5a6647e1590a6064141276bffb41e78%7Ciid%3A20

Last edited:
Found this one in the galley on www.pedalchopper.com
Jim Wilson is the man there, seems like a really nice guy who builds really high quality motorized OCCs
9a1cef30946ba081f174a1a16397ebe2.png

He also has a FB page:
OCC Schwinn Stingray Motorized Chopper Bicycles

Good luck with your build!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back