Mondo Shock

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I think I'll just lower the seat a bit and wear a full face helmet and long pants and shirt and just go for it. The show was at Valley Relics so you can look it up for more pictures if you want.

'Nad pads'. To protect your 'nads'. (see if this passes the censor filter )
Insane Wayne Croasdale had the "Nard Guards", a way SoCal term as far as OG BMX goes.

Great deal on the show having a good vibe. Sometimes when the cool outnumber "them", "they" keep their 'tudes and comments in check. Maybe "they" are learning, or have found another fad to jump onto. I hope "they" are learning because any time the numbers are increased in the cycling world with the clued-in, I consider it a good thing. Awareness helps keep us alive.

Strange side-note in that realm, yesterday and by chance I met a Front Range cyclist whose wife was killed by an intoxicated driver about a month ago. It was at Coors Field (Opening Day 2.0) in a crowd. He's a former USAF Pararescueman and because he was wearing a t-shirt indicating that, I recognized him. I called his name out, he turned and after introducing myself I let him know I had read about his wife and offered condolences. He was very gracious and I ended our chance meeting with a positive note in complimenting his brother's work in the hand-built frame realm. He lit up and stated that he is very fortunate to have such a cool and talented brother.

That was an awesome video!! Glad your bike did well.

Mt. Wilson Toll road is 9 miles that is 99% downhill, all 24 riders made it down. One had a mechanical near that top and it took him a few hours to get to the bottom. With the exception of one guy who found some 3000 degree grease, all hubs were fried, all grease gone. First picture is my bike in a truck tucked in between two loaner bikes, the second is my only action shot. THe rest are others, part ofthe bikes narrative, you get the general idea I'm sure. The trail/fire road was too long to get pictures at every turn. I have a lot of other things on my plate right now so Iwill get back to this bike in a few weeks, the plan is to make the aforementioned loaf seat. Enjoy!
IMG_8362.JPG
IMG_8422.JPG
IMG_8463.JPG
IMG_8433.JPG
IMG_8416.JPG
IMG_8443.JPG
IMG_8429.JPG
IMG_8418.JPG
IMG_8419.JPG

I's like to see that!!!!
I search the web for it once in a while, but have yet to find it. Someone somewhere out there has to have it saved. It was motivation for my first "mountain bike" experience when camping with my grandparents near Aguanga, CA around 1973 or so. My grandfather let me do a fire road descent on the High Point Truck Trail with my BMXed Sting-Ray. I rode it again as an out and back in 1987 with a friend.

I search the web for it once in a while, but have yet to find it. Someone somewhere out there has to have it saved. It was motivation for my first "mountain bike" experience when camping with my grandparents near Aguanga, CA around 1973 or so. My grandfather let me do a fire road descent on the High Point Truck Trail with my BMXed Sting-Ray. I rode it again as an out and back in 1987 with a friend.
I know someone that knew those guys and I asked him to see if they had any pictures, they said no. A different time when people did things just to do them.

The Dry Chaparral, all over it!

Do you keep your bikes somewhat clean for inspection purposes?
No, I don't really clean any of my bikes. I like to make them look spiffy when they are first built up then I ride them hard till they break.

Latest posts

Back