Mondo Shock

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
26 inch tribute to 1970's era mono shock bmx bikes. Scratch built frame, fork, stem and seat. The look I was going for was the bike hand been found in a backyard after many decades of neglect.
IMG_1928.JPG
IMG_1929.JPG
IMG_1930.JPG
IMG_1931.JPG
IMG_1920.JPG
IMG_1921.JPG
IMG_1922.JPG
IMG_1923.JPG
IMG_1924.JPG
IMG_1925.JPG
IMG_1926.JPG
IMG_1927.JPG

You achieved your goal, got the look you were going after; and with the ride vids and history of your involvement with the sport, really pushed it over the top! Kudos on this 'ground-up' build! :thumbsup:

You achieved your goal, got the look you were going after; and with the ride vids and history of your involvement with the sport, really pushed it over the top! Kudos on this 'ground-up' build! :thumbsup:
Yes sir, pretty much nailed it. The narrative behind a thing gives it weight I think, Excalibur would just be another sword if it did not have a story behind it.

Awesome machine!

I wonder how this thing rides. Does the suspension/frame go down a bit when using the coasterbrake?
It works really well. I tested it on Mt. Wilson toll road in a coaster brake only race, 9 miles downhill. Went way faster than I wanted it to go that is for sure!!!!
IMG_8422.JPG

Nice to see you with a skidlid on bomber runs where you intend on Ludicrous Speed. I don't wear a helmet all of the time, but when it's time to deal (especially in the dirt), I try to keep my nugget from getting scrambled any further.
Yes, I don't use one that much either and when I do, I ride with more reckless abandon than normal.

Awesome machine!

I wonder how this thing rides. Does the suspension/frame go down a bit when using the coasterbrake?
No, it has a very smooth travel arc. I think 1970's bmx technology had suspension pretty nailed, it takes a whole industry to mess up now. :)

Latest posts

Back