mongoose frame

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
here's a frame i got today for doing a neighbor a favor! it's a chrome moly frame never been painted it was on display in germany when the neighbor bought it! non painted with stickers on it! it says chrome moly on the sticker and made in the usa! the serial numbers are shown, it says mongoose racing frame on another sticker! what is it?
136_0917.jpg
136_0919.jpg
136_0923.jpg

C= Built in Chatsworth California
J= November
9= 1979

It looks to be a late 79 built 1980 model with nice nickel finish. Great find man!

what's the best way to clean this frame? if it's nickel plated what chould i use? can i use mothers? :?:

I use Blue Magic but Mothers works great as well. My opinion is that the nickel looks better like yours is with a nice aged patina but you can't go wrong with a nice hand polished finish either.

That's pretty much perfect nickle patina if you ask me.

If it were mine I probably wouldn't polish it out...even though it's tempting. :lol:

Interested in trading it for an 1982 Redline MXII F/F? :D

thanks guys for all the i like its! i'm going to keep this one ! it's an american mongoose and i always wanted one! :D

Mongoose Motomag

snarehead123 said:
thanks guys for all the i like its! i'm going to keep this one ! it's an american mongoose and i always wanted one! :D
It's a definate keeper! You restoring back to original condition or making it your own? Here's the Motomag wheels for this bike >> http://www.vintagemongoose.com/products ... wheels.php and they are hard to come by. Craigslist LA has a mint set for $300. Here's a nice Headset & Snowflake sprocket >> http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=476339

i'm going to make it my own rather than original! i gave it a citric acid bath and buffed the frame with blue magic it came out great! i threw it together with parts i had lying around to take it for a ride! wow! it's great! here's what it looks like for now!
141_0944.jpg

Latest posts

Back