MONGOOSE KOS KRUISER BUILD (6/06 - FINISHED)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW good site. I am sure y'all can tell 2 things #1 I am from Texas because I just typed the word Y'ALL HA HA and #2 that I am new to this site. I just had to post here since I myself am in the middle of building a KOS. RAT-ROD that came out looking real good, I agree with that other member I like the tires.

Great job :D

Clothespin n said:
wow!!! very nice work Steve!!!! I am impressed!!!

Thanks Kevin...it was a fun build!

Clothespin n said:
The Kenda red walls actually , much to my surprise, look great!!!

I figured since I had them I'd just give them a try and they seemed to work well with the decals and the red parts.

Clothespin n said:
The only change I would make, is I would Run a Kashimax MX...or a Kashimax Aero saddle.and get some Stainless Kos Bars.

Buying those two items would cause me to spend more than I have invested in this bike total...ha ha!

It would be nice to have them though...we'll have to see if a set ever falls into my lap. :wink:

Clothespin n said:
PLEASE..PLEASE...PLEASE...drop the stem all the way down, until it hits the headset!!! First reason...Strength!!...your asking for problems with it up that high. also.....looks...that looks dumb ( was that my inside voice talking

Will look into this....but as far as strength goes, I don't see any jumps in my future. :wink:

The KOS's new little brother. :wink:

my20005.jpg

Steve, the KOS looks awesome! One question...what did the red stem cost you? I had to pay $65 for a faded and knicked one. It was worse than I thought, but even still a fair price from what I've seen.

Well...I bought the stem, the brake caliper and a chainring all off of the same guy on the BMX Museum for $95 shipped.

The stem has been re-anodized and has some dings in it here and there.

Unfortunately the red chainring didn't fit my crank so I'm going to have to resell that one.

I have found that it's usually cheaper to buy parts off of the museum than it is to buy on Ebay.

Rat Rod said:
Well...I bought the stem, the brake caliper and a chainring all off of the same guy on the BMX Museum for $95 shipped.

The stem has been re-anodized and has some dings in it here and there.

Unfortunately the red chainring didn't fit my crank so I'm going to have to resell that one.

I have found that it's usually cheaper to buy parts off of the museum than it is to buy on Ebay.

Seems like a pretty good deal for those parts. I guess I got taken on my stem (it was from a Museum member).

Danimal said:
Seems like a pretty good deal for those parts. I guess I got taken on my stem (it was from a Museum member).

Not necessarily.

Mint Pro Neck or Tuff Neck stems usually bring $150 - $200.

You can always strip the anodizing off and then polish it up.

Rat Rod said:
Danimal said:

Not necessarily.

Mint Pro Neck or Tuff Neck stems usually bring $150 - $200.

You can always strip the anodizing off and then polish it up.

Nah, it's gonna stay the way it is. You'll see the bike soon. A mint stem would look out of place on it.

Dan

Back