Monster Fork

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in my shop and bored....I look in the corner and I have a fork off of a Honda 110 three wheeler.
I saved it for something..don't know what. Anyway I looked at the top plate and figure I could
make a bicycle fork. I pulled it apart and took it to my Fab buddy. I told him to copy it to 1/4
plate and drill/torch some holes that a 1 1/2'' tube would slide into, and a 1'' hole for the steer
tube. It probably has a name. I ground one of those out of an old fork. So then I ran by Auto Zone
and picked up some freeze plugs that would go in the ends of the tubing....35mm fit tight.
I plan to drill holes in the tube edge ...weld the freeze plugs through the holes and grind them down.
So right now its to just where you can see whats going on.
My frames use the 1 1/2'' tubing and the forks always look kinda dinky...this one solves that. :p

DSCF0001-182.jpg

DSCF0003-66.jpg

DSCF0004-51.jpg

DSCF0005-29.jpg

DSCF0006-16.jpg

no chance of lifting the bike either. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Love it Unc!! Spray 'em satin black when you're done and they'll look perfect on any of your bikes!!

Hey thanks everybody. They should look good on something. :D
I drilled holes in the freeze plugs and welded a bolt inside. Then I drilled holes in the tube
drove the freeze plugs in and welded through the holes. Next I sanded down the welds. Worked
pretty good. I really can't do the dropout part because I don't have a length yet.
This afternoon I'm going to build a crane to mount them on a bike...Just kidding ,they won't be on
a road bike , but they aren't that heavy....well not too heavy....ok they are pretty heavy. :oops: :oops:
6 pounds.

DSCF0001-183.jpg

DSCF0003-67.jpg

DSCF0004-52.jpg

DSCF0005-30.jpg

DSCF0002-151.jpg

OH SNAP. Well, actually, they never will.

can't wait to see them on a bicycle.

Rebuilt the Monster fork to fit on Chucks green Uncle Stretch frame...not to be confused with his red
Uncle Stretch bike ...or his white Uncle Stretch frame ...or his silver Uncle Stretch frame...see a pattern here? :lol:
DSCF0003-68.jpg

DSCF0002-158.jpg

The green bike to be painted Blue....
Peatbog said:
Uncle Stretch said:
Rebuilt the Monster fork to fit on Chucks green Uncle Stretch frame...not to be confused with his red
Uncle Stretch bike ...or his white Uncle Stretch frame ...or his silver Uncle Stretch frame...see a pattern here? :lol:

Appears then that he doesn't have a blue one...

Latest posts

Back