Montgomery ward cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what it is or when it was built but picked this up today when I had to stop andget a bike back from a friend. He said he got it because he needed the rear rim fora customers bike and wanted to know if I wanted the rest. The numbers on the bottom D33978
20140728_112613_zps972a3262.jpg

20140728_112027_zps920df068.jpg

Cant beat it for free; looks like a old Roadmaster frame too me ?
is that sissy bar stamped on the bottom buy chance ? looks like its off a Schwinn and the seat also ?

~RafaeL~

Definitely a MW badged Roadmaster frame, with forward facing dropouts and straight bar is probably one of the AMF Roadmasters made in Arkansas right after the move from Cleveland. 1956 or 57 is my guess. It looks like some kind of clamp is used to hold the seat post, but that post may tighten like a handle bar stem, with a bolt to adjust on top of the post.

Had a womans cruiser with mismatched rims and wouldn't you know it the rear matched the front on this bike. going to see how bad the fork is tomorrow and most likely replace the chain

there was no chance I could get them straight it was bent from the bearing chase down into the 2nd plate, I had a close to matching fork from a girls cruiser that Im going to use.

Latest posts

Back