Montreal, the city that I love explained.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I left a comment in another thread about certain querks concerning Canada and some of its Cities. I'll tell you about mine. Montreal is a special place since it is older than most other Canadian cities( Except Quebec City), is very cosmopolitan, as a European flavor with most residents speaking French (moi included, but anybody who only speaks English can live in the city with very little problem), the signs are all in French since that is law, our women are just gorgeous, we go mad every spring, cycling is very present even though our driving habits are just awful (Only place in North America where you can't turn right on a red, we would kill too many pedestrians and cyclists), walking alone at 4H00 am downtown is not a problem, the legal drinking age is just a suggestion, bars close at 3H00am everyday, strippers take everything off and it's legal, the food is world class from all over the world, you can go play tamtams with a bunch of strangers every Sunday or have medieval fights just yards away, women are beautiful...I think I said that already and we have the biggest underground network so we can hibernate during the very cold winters. For those interested about local politics, I'll just say that they are just as crazy as our driving and leave it at that. :mrgreen:

noticed how you didnt mention the HABS have won more cups then the Leafs. And also the home of Hannan Customs. But as every good Canadian knows Toronto is the centre of the universe and well the west cost is just really wet. So we gonna see more Quebecers out with you and Eric in July? When you doing the next Montreal ride?

Something like we see the Stanley cup more often than Hailey's comet! Being a kid of the 70's, I don't really enjoy present day hockey too much anymore. My son should be with me on the ride. I think I'll pack a lunch for the week end, I don't want to sound snobby, but I've never had good food in Ontario, except for a real Chinese restaurant in Ottawa outside the obvious tourist trap area. My mouth waters just thinking about it...

Forgot to mention, next rides are scheduled for Friday evening critical mass on the 25th of May and the next day on the 26th we are meeting with some people at carré St-Louis at 11H30 pm to ride down to Notre Dame island with glowsticks in our wheels. That nite ride should be a lot of fun.

All I know as a Scarbearian that got forced to move to Ottawa as a kid is that OTTAWA SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in so many ways it should loose its right to be Canadas capital. :roll:

Back