morrow lace up

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
does any one know the spoke diameter of a morrow coaster hub?
im lacing up to a S2 rim so you can telll me the 4 cross spoke length if you want too... :roll:

kenji said:
does any one know the spoke diameter of a morrow coaster hub?
im lacing up to a S2 rim so you can telll me the 4 cross spoke length if you want too... :roll:

I haven't laced any morrows to S2's specifically... but with a 4 cross, in my experience, every hub has used a 270mm length spoke. The spoke length, when using a 4 cross lace pattern, is not very sensitive to the hubs spoke circle diameter because the spoke comes off that circle at a 90 degree angle to the radius.

went to my LBS and they only had 14 G spokes and said my hub hole was 2.5 mm and 14 G was the way to go
do i belive them?
i thoght 2mm was like a 12 G spoke...

2.0 is 14ga.

don't over think the build- it's just a normal hub and you'll just use normal spokes... :wink:

this is not the 1st S2 4X coaster wheel i've built... just that its the first morrow and its going on my DX kunker and if i could have gotten a little bigger spoke i would have...
the hub is a long time coming and rather dear as they are soooo scarce at reasonable prices...
and i'd rather not have drilled out the shell with bigger spoke holes

when i'm lacing a wheel with a hub where the tolerances are actually close (chris king, phil wood, etc.) i find myself wishing for the slop in a coaster brake flange! :D

DSC01732.jpg

Patina be darned, I love shiny new spokes and fresh rubber! :D

Latest posts

Back