Motorcycle Bars

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I had a question about using motorcycle handlebars. I've seen some posts where motorcycle bars are used on both single stems and bmx stems. The knurled parts on the bars don't line up with either the single or bmx stem. Don't the bars slip / move becuase the stem can only clamp on the smooth parts of the bars?

Are people using some kind of shims to hold the bars in place?

Would appreciate hearing back from anyone that has had success with this.

Thanks!

Motorcycles have both size of bars ....1'' and the 7/8'' ... I found that the BMX style stem with the 4 bolts are 7/8'' . They dont come all the way together and with the 4 bolts you have alot of clamping pressure and a wide area to clamp. Mine dont slide , but you wind up with those two knurled spots sticking out on both sides. Some bars dont have the knurls. So if you find some motorcycle bars without the knurls and are 7/8'' and you run a bmx style stem they work fine. If there ever was a problem you can always cut a few groves in the bars.

If you have a problem with slipping you can use a center punch to put a few "dots" around the bar where it clamps

Latest posts

Back