Motorskimixte

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gonna try and turn this ladies/mixte Windsor Kensington 8 into something with more entertainment value.

Started to see some possibility that it could be a cool bike...maybe...after I took the racks and fenders off. Sticker says 4130, so that's something I guess.
20190601_123250.jpg

The wheelsets that I bought it for have been on at least three different frames now. But have yet to find a permanent home.
They will not be going back on the Windsor. It now sits as just a frame.

Much BIGGER plans are in store.

According to an online retail site selling this model, it's a hand made frame, the mrsp for the complete bike is 995$! You've got a beauty starting point there! I'm a fan of mixte frames. Can't wait to see how this shakes out.
From Wikipedia:
"41xx steel is a family of SAE steel grades, as specified by the Society of Automotive Engineers. Alloying elements include chromium and molybdenum, and as a result these materials are often informally referred to as chromoly steel."

Last edited:
I have always liked those mixte frames! I can see some cool options with that as a basis.
RaT oN~!

Mixtes make for some cool choppers. Cut those upper seat stays and some of the seat tube and you're off to the races.

Mixtes make for some cool choppers. Cut those upper seat stays and some of the seat tube and you're off to the races.
I had consider making it a poor man's Trek Sawyer. But this may end up being more of either an acquired taste or an EXPLOSION of the senses!

So I figure I should post a pic of the bike in it's current condition before I start putting it together.
20191018_192149.jpg

I don't love the color. But the paint is in pretty good shape on this bike. So it'll stay. Probably paint the chainguard and the fork a different color for contrast.

These big old rusty moto bars might find a home on the Motorskimixte.
20191018_193418.jpg

Latest posts

Back