MTB 2 BMX

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
found 2 cool old matching schwinn high sierra mountain bikes at a garage sale, this is the smaller one.

...cleaned all the mounts off before i murdered it up and gave it the BMX treatment with some 24" forks and wheels and a Bendix 70. today I sold it to my buddy's wife for %100!!

Im gonna put a BMX freewheel on the big one and probably keep the 26" tires, its a pretty tall frame so it will be MINE!!

:D
24bmr.jpg

And this is the big one. just forks, bars and a freewheel really. Unfortunately my spec.red stripes started falling apart when I blew them up :(
DSC03033-800.jpg

scrumblero said:
Im gonna put a BMX freewheel on the big one and probably keep the 26" tires, its a pretty tall frame so it will be MINE!!

i made a single-speed freewheel out of an old Schwinn Sierra and i love it. it's a very nimble bike and it's my everyday rider now. gotta get a picture up - it's a little different from the High Sierra..

scrumblero said:
found 2 cool old matching schwinn high sierra mountain bikes at a garage sale, this is the smaller one.

...cleaned all the mounts off before i murdered it up and gave it the BMX treatment with some 24" forks and wheels and a Bendix 70. today I sold it to my buddy's wife for %100!!

:D
24bmr.jpg
SWEET!!!

did something similar yesterday.

First I just wanted to testfit the 24x3 tires in that old UNIVEGA frame. When I realized they fit, I just had to build it.

Things to do:
- find another fork
- find some 24x3 offroad tires cheap
- paint the whole thing
- roll it

mtbmx6.jpg

mtbmx7.jpg

mtbmx8.jpg

Latest posts

Back