MTB commuter and 29er hard tail

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here are my two whips:

4125537143_427527c52c_o.jpg

Early '90s (?) Trek Mountain Track 850 rigid mountain bike. Bought it from a friend of mine and have been commuting on it for over a year now. She originally installed the Schwinn pillow-top cruiser saddle and Nashbar suspension seat post. I'll probably eventually go with a slightly more narrow seat, sans springs and a rigid seatpost. Upgrades include Ergon grips with mini-bar ends, riser bar, riser stem, Planet Bike full fenders with mudflaps, Wellgo BMX pedals and Michelin Country Rock tires. I different lights and levers than in the pic, but that's basically how I'm running it now. Next set of tires will definitely be wider. I enjoy commuting and doing most of my all-around cycling on a mountain bike. The geometry just feels right and fits my riding style.

4126305832_677428682c_o.jpg

This is my Motobecane Fantom 29 hard tail. Longer seatpost (they're never long enough), Ergon grips and BMX pedals, otherwise it's all stock. Nice fire road bomber. :D

Nice bikes.

Latest posts

Back